CH 23

PERRI POV

As soon as I was done with the field trips I came back to my office and started to work on the paperwork given and asking my assistant to make appointments for tomorrow. Time was soon winding down and that's when Joan poked her head in my door.

"Aren't you going to be late?"

"What? Late for what?"

"Your date with CccJjjj." Adding all the emphasis in his name, almost singing like.

But then I realised I am going to be late, so I turned off my computer and put some paperwork in my briefcase and headed out the office. I called CJ and which I'm glad he answered.

"Hello?'

"Hey I'm on my way right now I forgot about the time."

"It's fine I kind of guessed so..."

"It's late how about I order some food and you can come over and help me unpack?" I said while entering my truck.

"Time and address."

"I will text it to you and see you then."

And soon the message was sent along with the code for my door if I didn't make in time, and I already was on the phone with a hibachi restaurant ordering takeouts. It didn't take long, but soon I was driving back onto the highway heading to my place. I parked in my parking spot and heading the elevator pushing the button repeatedly for it to close, which finally it did.

I walked very fast to the end of the hall and put in my key and soon I was embraced by all the lights being turned on and Tart on the floor separating my belongings.

"Oh hey! Sorry I'm trying to read Korean, it's been a while since you taught me it."

"It's fine."

I sat the food down on the floor since I haven't made to the kitchen table yet, and went to the fridge and grabbed wine, but then remembered if Tart took his meds then no alcohol.

"Hey Tart?"

"Hmm?"

"Did you take your meds today?"

"Yep."

"Okay." Then put the wine back and grabbed cranberry juice for our food.

I sat in front of him and we both enjoyed our meal while separating my belongings.

"Why in the hell do you have so many things? I heard when you put the house up for sale the only thing that was gone were your clothes?"

"Yeah it was but I have been in South Korea for seven months and lived in a house for one month. I buy things or make things." I said cheekily.

"Well finally we are done and now you just tell me where you want the things to go."

I nodded my head while we continued to eat, until Tart said something to me, but all I heard was muffle.

"What?"

"I said how was work?"

"Oh work, stressful. As soon as I came in I had to go on two field trips, then I got a call saying that I'm being sued for the furniture breaking and injuring a kid at school, and now I have almost twenty meetings tomorrow. So how was your day?"

"Well it wasn't as stressful as yours, but I finished my project for this restaurant downtown until they get their sign back up, then I just slept all day."

"All day?"

"Yep."

"You know you're not supposed to do that. That's basically saying you want your joints to hurt more than they do. You have to be walking about until it is time to go to sleep."

I say all this and then I remember that I'm not his caregiver nor husband. I can't say anything to him, it's his choice.

"I'm sorry....I didn't mean to cross the line..."

"What line?"

"I'm over here telling you what to do, and I honestly don't have any rights to."

"Well, if you think you crossed the line you didn't and I'm glad that you care for me. Honestly I thought you would have just said cool or I wish I was asleep all today too." Tart laughed and I cracked a smile, soon we were finished with our food and we both got up pushing our trash where we won't trip over it. Since I didn't want Tart to keep walking up and down the stairs to my loft bed, I gave him things to be put up downstairs. I came back down from putting all my bathroom supplies up to see Tart stretching his body putting dishes up. I could see his lower back and it looked nice and soft. I really wanted to touch it, but I went and grabbed everything that was meant for my bed and went back upstairs.

The bathroom completed, bed completed, now closet. Luckily I had everything in a trash bag with the hanger hanging off so that it wouldn't be a hassle to put them up, and soon I had five bags of clothing and they were put up. I got back downstairs and saw CJ working on building the kitchen table, so I came over and assisted. We were both crunching down on the floor and when I looked at Tart he had his tongue out of the corner of his mouth. Man did I miss this man.