CH 17

PERRI POV

After seeing my dad that day I had to call CJ. It's like everyone is trying to find me and I don't want them to. I let out my feelings and since that day CJ never called me back or tried to make contact, nor my father. The only people who called me were my therapist and auntie.

After seven months of staying in Busan I decided to leave. I felt like I was content with myself, plus I couldn't leave my company for a whole year.

When I landed back in Georgia I went to call a taxi and headed to an apartment I had bought before coming back to Georgia. It was a loft in Atlanta, that seem cozy just for one person. Once all my things were packed away I left my loft and went to buy a car. Since now that I'm back in the states my money won't take as long as it did in Korea to transfer, and after giving the total amount for the car I left the lot. I decided that I wanted a truck, so I got a Dodge Truck, nothing fancy, just storage and big.

I drove my car to Walmart and then to Ikea. Once I got me some groceries I needed to get a couch, dining table, bed frame, and then when I get home order a bed, and I needed a nightstand and a storage holder unit. A lot of stuff right, but this is essential.

I finally got home to rest and put up everything, when auntie called me.

"Hey auntie!"

"Hey boy, Its about bed time here for me, but I guess you made it over the seas huh?"

I laughed at her and said yeah, and we continued the conversation until she felt to tired. Once we hung the phone up I made it a plan to go to the phone company tomorrow and get a new phone, and add auntie number to it. But right now I was more than jetlagged and tired. My body soon fell asleep on the hard floor.

I woke up to my doorbell being rung multiple times. I slowly got up from the floor since I didn't want a muscle spasm and when I opened the door my right hand man was there furious, as I expected.

"Don't in your life leave me again. I had to put up with so much bullshit from these people that it doesn't make sense. Then one person wants to sue our company, because she didn't request shaved pallets and got a splinter in her hand. Ugh! You son of a bitch!"

I understood his frustration so I didn't laugh but hugged him and said thank you.

"Yeah your ass better be thankful. Now are you out of the divorce funk or what, because we could all use our boss today."

And with that I nodded my head and took a shower and got ready to leave. I told Darren to head off without me since I got a truck yesterday. And soon I was in the garage parking lot, and left.

On my way to the office I see CJ talking with a few people at a restaurant, and a guy with his arm around him. When the light turned green I drove forward and left. I'm glad he moved on. I'm glad he found someone to love and cherish.

I parked my car in the CEO spot and went to my private elevators and soon I got to my floor all my employees were there welcoming me back home. I laughed because it seemed like I was gone for a decade with this amount of smiles.

Damn Darren what did you do, I asked myself walking to my office with a smile.

Once in the room there was an entire stack of paperwork on my desk.

"Darren? Why are there paperwork on my desk when you were the boss for seven months?" I asked, walking around my desk.

"Because when you called me last week I went back to my job details and left this for you, to remind you to never leave this place again unless this place goes with you."

Darren left the office and I opened one of the files and immediately started to regret coming back to the states.