CH 31

PERRI POV

It has been three months now since I've last spoken to CJ. After that day he never contacted me nor did I. This was better. Better for me and my work, and better for him and his entire life. We are divorced. We are divorced. We are divorced. Is what I chant in my head everyday. I don't need to be worrying or caring about him as much as I do.

I rubbed my palms on my face and signed loudly not for anyone to hear but because I was extremely tired. But my assistant didn't care she ushered me to the new factory for bedding comforts so that mine and their company could have a special collaboration short-term.

We made it there earlier than expected, but when I was getting out I saw CJ. Why was CJ here?

I nodded my head trying not to say a word to him and continue out my day. The look in his eyes made me want to hug him, and kiss his cheeks like the old times. I thought came divorce meant all loving feelings disappear too.

"Welcome Mr. Ore how are you doing today?" Jeff asked me.

"I'm doing well how about you and your wonderful business partner and husband doing?"

"Ugh...To be honest he could use a day off. One of our wings caught on fire."

"What!?! Are you and Fidlerson doing okay?" I asked worried.

"He is doing okay, but you know how he gets. But lets get down to business shall we."

I was lead into a business conference room where we drawled up some agreements and financial things, and after a few hours we were done. Upcoming in December we will bring out an exclusive deals and items to America.

I left the building to see that CJ's truck was gone and I entered my own. I didn't feel like working the rest of the day and instead when I got back to the company got into my truck and headed home.

It was peaceful here then at work and I think I just need some quiet time.

My phone starts to ring and I don't answer it knowing it can never be good if people are calling me. Then again and again and again. I was about to turn my phone off when I saw on my phone screen that Grayson Hospital was calling me. I picked up the phone and I was answered to an nurse.

"Hello is this Mr. Ore?"

"Yes? What can I help you with?"

"Well due to some medical paperwork you and Mr. Whales are still technically are each other spousal and if something shall happen to him or you I should call the later."

"What do you mean? Is CJ hurt?"

"Yes he is. You do know of his Osteoarthritis correct?"

"Yes."

"Well when he was driving his knee started to contract and hit his acceleration into another car, and they both hit the bottom of the bridge they were going under. Luckily no one was badly injured, just a minor concussion, but I am calling because we need someone to come fill out his charts and to be here when discharged."

"Yes...Yes ma'am I'm on my way."

I hung the phone up and grabbed my keys and start heading to the hospital. I really hope he is doing fine.