CH 29

CJ POV

I woke up to the smell of eggs and pancakes. I hate being woken up, but food did sound good right about now. I lazily got out of my bed and put on my slippers with some shorts and left my room. I walked to see that William wasn't the only person in my home, but my mom and dad.

I walked into the kitchen and saw that there were plates of food being served and soon everyone saw my presence.

"Sweetheart! How was your sleep?"

"It would have been fine if I wasn't woken up by food. What are you two doing here?"

"We came to check on you, but it seems you and your boyfriend were here."

"First of all William is not my boyfriend and I wish you would stop saying that. William is straight and don't want me, and I don't either correct William?"

"Correct!" Said his auto-reader.

"Well you two need to. You guys make such a cute couple." My dad then exclaims even hearing for himself that William is straight. I signed and sat down to eat the food made and that's when William leaned his phone over with text written.

"I was awoken by knocking on the door and since I'm mute I couldn't ask who was there and just opened the door, then they came in saying it was nice to see me again and all that jazz. Sorry!"

I smiled at William to show he was not at any fought of this, and continued to eat my breakfast. Then there was a phone notification sound going off, and realized it was mine, so I went to my room where I soon found my phone tangled in the sheets and saw that it was Perri, and it said that he would be over soon for breakfast. I guess I can eat again.

I went to brush my teeth and wash my face, put lotion on, deodorant, and soon comb my hair before putting on my clothes. I was walking out my door to the living room when William gave me a quizzed look.

"What?"

"Where are you going so early?" His auto-reader asked.

"Yeah where are you going? We were eating breakfast."

"I'm heading to breakfast again with Perri."

But after words left my mouth my parents became quiet while William auto-reader form William said, "Ohhh Lalala have fun tiger!"

"I will!" I laughed while getting my keys and my wallet, but before I could open the door the door was knocked on and my parents both stood up. I opened the door and Perri was at the door holding his phone, and now the fight was about to begin.

"Why the hell are you here!?" My father yelled towards Perri.

"I..Uh..CJ?"

"Perri and I are going to breakfast. What is the big idea?"

"The big idea is that you are hanging out with your abusive ex-husband as if you have a mental illness or something!" My mom screeched.

With my mom saying abusive William eyes widen so big I thought they may pop out. I guess that was one thing I didn't tell him about my past. I signed and rubbed my forehead, and when I looked up to Perri he was leaving already. I grabbed my belongings and ran after him, and by the time he got into the elevator I swished inside. I was out of breathe, but still manage to stand up straight.

"Why did you leave?" Even though I knew why.

"CJ-"

"Tart? You mean Tart, right?"

"No. I mean CJ. I knew I shouldn't have reached out." He mumbled the last part.

We finally made it to the parking garage and soon Perri was walking fast to his truck and even though I was only three inches shorter than him being six foot and one inch I still was running after him. Once to his truck he didn't let me in and started to back out, so I let him.

He stopped his truck and faced me.

"This is for the best......Have a beautiful life."

And just like that, drive away. Left for good never to see him again, and soon I got a text from someone saying that I was no longer inquired for the art pieces that Perri wanted. I tried calling his number, but straight to voicemail.

In the dimly lit parking garage held me just standing there in the same position neither crying or having a breakdown. Just frozen.