CH 38

I woke up before CJ naturally and again by the sun ray coming through the blinds of balcony doors. I sat up and saw that the television was still on. I put on some clothes and walked to the clock to see if breakfast was still available.

Luckily it was 7:10 AM and breakfast ends at 10:59 AM.

I found the menu left on the couch by CJ and ordered for six waffles with nutella, two fruit salads, a pot of unsweet green tea, and six scrambled eggs with two bowls of buttered grits. I know it sounds a lot, but I promise CJ and I eat this every morning if we can make it on time.

The receptionist said it should be here by seven thirty so I went and brushed my teeth and wash my face. I should probably wake up CJ, but when the food come I know for sure he will start to stir.

I just sat quietly on the couch and watch 'Tiny House Nation' making me want to buy a tiny house on wheels, but only for vacation. I'm to damn tall to be climbing up on the loft and down and so is CJ.

I heard a knock on the door and walked toward it getting along my wallet to pay the person delivering the food.

I opened the door and he walked in stopping the trolly in the living room next to the dining table. I hand him a twenty and he smiled and nodded while leaving. I set out the plates for our food and put the eggs in the grits to stir them and poured our teas.

"Foooood." CJ groaned.

"Yes Fooooood." I too say back to him.

CJ rolled over with bed head and gave me a goofy smile before walking to me with only his boxers on.

"Ohhhhh nutella waffles! Yummy!" He clapped his hands together and sat down hurriedly and started to dig into his food.

I went to the bed to find my phone and put it on the charger along with CJ's phone so that when we left we won't have to worry about battery life.

"So do you have anything planned for today or were we going to do our own thing?" I asked while mixing my fruit salad together with some honey.

"Kind of both. I planned for us to go to the beach where they are having surf lessons, but after that I'm blank."

"Surf lessons? You think you can handle that?" I asked nervously to CJ.

"Yeah I made sure that I brought two bottle of my medicine."

I nodded my head and did what CJ did and dug into my food. After we finished we both head to the bathroom to brush our teeth and washing our faces. Put on our swim trunks with a regular shirt packing a small backpack with sunscreen, towels, bluetooth stereo, power banks, our phones, water bottles, and lastly our wallets.

Majority of our bank accounts were on our phones, but still in case if we accidentally lose our phones.

"Ready?" CJ asked from the front door. I nodded my head and started to walk to him and grabbing his hand.

Since the resort was near everything we decided not to get my truck and just walked to the beach where the surf lessons were being held.

We saw only one other person waiting at the sandline while me and CJ stood by the sandline.

"New comers?"

The stranger sitting down asked us.

"Yeah. What about you?"

"Oh I'm the teacher. I had many people cancel their lessons due to somethings so I was honestly just waiting to see if someone didn't cancel."

"Well we didn't. The name is under Ore." CJ said.

"Oh see you. Okay so since you are new comers then I will head to my studio to get two boards. Be right back."

The surf lesson teacher left running to his studio while CJ grabbed the backpack putting his shirt in the bag. I took off mine and folded it so that it will fit in the backpack.

"Make sure that the bag is locked since we may be in the water for a long time." CJ told me.

I took out the lock that was part of the bag and hooked it up.

The teacher ran back to us and with two boards in his hands and a strap on his foot dragging another board.

"Sorry I let my assistant go since I had a lot of cancellations. So let's start with the beginner process."

Through out the entire class it took about six hours and to be honest CJ and I have laughed as much as we did in the waters. I got whiplashed more times than I have cried in my life. On the other hand CJ was doing good until he got scared of the dolphins and the dolphins that looked like sharks.

We left now hunger and in the need of food. We took out our phones and searched for restaurants with alcohol along with no seafood. CJ request.

Once we finally decided on a place we started to walk to the restaurant.

"Hi guys I will be your waiter, Key, What can I get for you guys?" Our waiter asked.

"Hey can we both get two mojitos and for appetizers can I have the mozzarella logs and what do you want, CJ?"

"Can I have the ten boneless wings tossed in garlic parmesan and lemon pepper."

"Would you like half lemon and half garlic?"

"No I want all ten tossed in both sauces if possible."

"Can do, and what dipping sauce would you like?"

"Ranch."

"And would you like any other sauce than red sauce?"

"No that will be all. Oh also can we have two glasses of water please with extra ice?"

The waiter nodded his head and left with our order. We continue to talk and look over the menu for our main meal.

"Do you think we should do this every year?"

"And what exactly is that?" I asked backed.

"Go on a mini vacation?"

"Oh if I continue this I think I may lose my right hand man along with my assistant." I said while laughing, but I looked at CJ who wasn't even smiling.

"What's wrong?" I asked grabbing his hand.

"It's just that I miss this. Remember when we used to date this wasn't exactly this but you used to take me to the woods and that would be our date just doing any and everything.."

I took everything he said to me in and thought for a second.

"Maybe....Not so often, but five times a year?"

CJ face turned from sadness to gleefulness. I couldn't help, but smile back at him.

Our drinks and appetizer came and we both decided on a burger for our main food with onion rings.

We walked back to the resort laughing and holding hands like we used to do in high school and college. It's like nothing changed.

I couldn't have imagined this ever happening since our divorce, but I guess the world just has all kinds of magically mysteries.