Roster Page 4

(4) Gordon I

                            Gordon I was an Ex-GNR A1 class 4-6-2 equipped with an Ivatt styled cab built by Sir Nigel Gresley, specifically the prototype test engine from December  20th 1920, when he first rolled out of Doncaster works he was the second standard gauge british 4-6-2 to be built after GWR 111 (the Great Bear), for the first 2 years of his life Gordon I would often be used on express trains between Kings cross and Edinburgh, gaining his pompous nature, however in 1923, when the London North Eastern Railway was formed, the board of directors had decided to push the GNR A1's onward without Gordon I. As you can imagine, this would've meant the end of the big engine, however Gresley managed to contact Sir Topham Hatt I and work out the deal which would send Gordon to the North Western Railway. For many years, the rest would've been history, however during the dawn of WWII Gordon I would ultimately not escape unscathed and in the period between 1944/45 he would meet his end when the Luftwaffe launched an attack on the allied occupied areas in Germany, with Gordon I's last action being him pushing Henry II out of the yard moments before it's destruction. In the wake of Gordon I's destruction, a monument would be made from his tender, and it would be placed in Tidmouth Station. Gordon I arrived in Great Northern Railway apple green with red lined frames, and upon arrival would be repainted into NWR standard blue with red lining on his tender, and on his Ivatt styled cab,  and a large Yellow 4 on his tender, Gordon I would be initially allocated to Vicarstown MPD but would later find himself allocated to Tidmouth MPD for the final years of his life.

(4) Gordon II

                              In the decade following the end of the war, traffic on the NWR had risen to levels where almost every engine was occupied with their own work and the strain was felt system wide, especially on the passenger trains now that 'The Wild nor Wester' no longer had an engine to pull it full time. However, unbeknownst to most of the engines, Sir Topham Hatt II had commissioned British Railways to build them a new LNER A3 locomotive to fill that gap, this engine would finally be ready on December 20th 1960, his arrival would stir a lot of attention because of this new engine's name... Gordon II, despite being named after the original Gordon, the only commonalities between the two was their build month, and their designer, and their shed allocation. In terms of personality Gordon II showcases more Kindness, Humility, and Curiosity, and a surprisingly quiet voice. . However, his Timidity, lack of forethought, rashness, his emotional nature, and a lack in his ability to stand his ground at times can lead to issues in certain situations, and can result in a lot of emotional damage to the young engine.  Gordon II, while generally a perfect replica of Gordon I, has modifications such as a larger A3 class design, kylechap exhaust, a specialized booster that can operate safely at speeds ranging from 10 - 90 MPH, and he is the first A3 to be fitted with German Style smoke deflectors, and the planned fitting of ACFI gear, an Ivatt styled cab to replicate the original Gordon, and a Westinghouse air pump, living up to the test mule legacy of his namesake, it is unknown what fate holds for Gordon II.