Roster Page 20

(20) Neville

                          Neville is an ex-Southern Railway Q1 class 0-6-0 tender engine designed by Oliver Bullied for heavy wartime traffic during the second world war. Neville was the third member of the new powerful 0-6-0's,  being built at brighten works, and being given the number C3, Neville set to work hauling some of the heavier trains on the Southern's lines, however his time on the Southern was cut short in 1943, after news of the attack on Sodor had spread across the isles, upon getting the news, the Southern sent 2 of their best engines to assist the NWR, (having already supplied one of the preexisting NWR  railways with locomotives and building bonds),and Neville was one of the two sent. Upon arrival, Neville assisted Molly with the delivery of the WD and USATC engines to the main sheds, and would spend a majority of the war covering for Henry's goods trains. Upon the ending of WWII, Neville would become a permanent addition t the NWR's fleet, gaining his number during the 1958 numbering scheme. However, in the mid 60s, an extension to the Kirk Ronan branch line, which tripled the branch lines size, saw him and Molly, allocated to the branch, becoming the line's main goods engine. Throughout his time on the NWR, Nevile never strayed to far from the western side of the island, being allocated at Tidmouth MPD, but he would see reallocation to Kirk Ronan MPD, and Great Waterton MPD, with is matte black livery highlighting his bright yellow number.