Roster Page 31/32

(31) Bash

                    Bash is an Ex-LNER y7 class 0-4-0t, designed and built in 1888 to shunt trains on the North Eastern Railway. Bash would be built at Darlington as part of the 1923 batch, alongside his twin Dash,  being put to work shunting trains at Hull docks. Living in a relatively quiet dockside area off the mainline meant that Bash and Dash didn't know about mainline rules and regulations,  leading to the pair often causing mischief for mainline engines, (even though they never meant to). Eventually, in 1930 the pair would be purchased by the NWR for work on the Misty Island collection, as a pair of shunters was needed to work in the yard of he main terminus there, and Bash would fit into his role splendidly, with his timid and peaceful personality traits helping ensure the trucks don't cause trouble around Caleamis MPD. since arriving on the NWR, Bash would always be painted with orange side tanks, and a matte black boiler barrel.

(32) Dash

                    Dash is an Ex-LNER y7 class 0-4-0t, designed and built in 1888 to shunt trains on the North Eastern Railway. Much like his brother, Dash would be built at Darlington as part of the 1923 batch, alongside his twin Bash, being put to work shunting trains at Hull docks. Living in a relatively quiet dockside area off the mainline meant that Bash and Dash didn't know about mainline rules and regulations, leading to the pair often causing mischief for mainline engines, (even though they never meant to). Eventually, in 1930 the pair would be purchased by the NWR for work on the Misty Island collection, as a pair of shunters was needed to work in the yard of he main terminus there, and Dash would fit into his role splendidly, with his outgoing and supportive nature helping to keep a positive atmosphere around Caleamis MPD.  since arriving on the NWR, Dash would always be painted with blue side tanks, and a matte black boiler barrel.