Roster Page 34

(34) Connor

                         Connor is an Ex-Southern Railway West Country class 4-6-2 pacific, designed by Oliver Bullied for mixed traffic/express passenger work during the second world war.  Locomotive number 21C101 would be built at Brighton works in may 1945, being the first of the light pacific's to be produced for the Southern railway and was given the name Exeter before being run in on the Central Section for a short time, and being tried on the Plymouth and Kentish services of the railway. A few months later, on June 10th, 1946, the North Western Railway struck a deal with the Southern for the purchase of several locomotives, including 21C101, from the Southern railway to assist with the islands post war recovery, (including the launch of  anew express service), and within 2 weeks of the deals completion,  21C101 rolled across the viaduct uniting Sodor to Britain and made his way towards Tidmouth MPD . Upon arrival at Tidmouth,  21C101 was given a  quick once over to see if everything was in working order, following the completion of this check, 21C101 would be given repaint into the colors of the Sudrian flag, with bright blue, yellow lining, and a white pattern along the sides of his tender to celebrate the end of the conflict which had cost the world so much. However, despite Sir Topham Hatt notifying the resident engines ahead of time, his debut pulling the relaunched "Wild Nor Wester" passenger services didn't bode well with some of the engines, largely because seeing a big blue pacific at the helm of that train stirred the memory of their recently lost colleague back to the forefront of their minds. When  21C101 learned of this fact from Caitlin, he was sympathetic, as he had studied some about the war during his construction and understood their discomfort. This revelation would result in him doing his absolute best to try and comfort the other engines, and boost their morale as much as he could, with his actions going a long way to cementing his place on the fleet, and in the hearts of many as a good hearted individual. However, despite his efforts to make friends with everyone, one of the closest engines  21C101 would find himself with was Caitlin, the pair apparently finding common ground overtime in their love of racing, their kind natures, and their care of the work they do. And eventually, following a long and eventful friendly rivalry, the pair would officially become partners, with  21C101 being given the nickname 'Conner' by the other engines as a way to rhyme the pairs name, and eventually the name would stick. Following a solid year of pulling the "Wild Nor Wester", Connor would eventually be transferred to a newly launched Express service dubbed "The Sudricman, which would run from Ulfstead to Sheffield Victoria before looping back and terminating at Tidmouth, leading to Connor being allocated to Vicarstown MPD.