Roster Page 39

(39) Sir Handel 

                               Sir Handel is an Ex-Caledonian railway 262 class 0-4-2ST, designed in 1885 by Dugald Drummond for branch line work on the Callander and Oban line. Sir handle was the first of the 2 Caledonian 262's to be manufactured for the line, and would be put straight into service on the line, being joined later by his sibling after months of waiting. Sometime in 1890, Sir Handel would get into a bad accident that would put a dent into his sokebox. Meanwhile the Skarloey Railway was in need of an engine, and signed a deal with the Caledonian railway which would see the purchase of Sir Handel, leading  to many misadventures staring the antics of the Killin Pug in question, including an incident with his smokebox being battered by a tree. Throughout his time on the NWR, Sir handel has remained an arrogant piece of work, being one of the few engines which even duke and bertram were unable to smack sense into. Sir Handel, since arrival, has been based at Crovans Gate MPD, most commonly being found complaining because of something, or spending time with Peter Sam, who he sees as a little brother and tries to teach him how to be useful.