Roster Page 43

(43) Marklin

                         Marklin is an Ex-Fablok S.A company T3A/TKh49 class 0-6-0T tank engine, designed and built for the purpose of industrial shunting, and global export. Marklin would be built sometime between 1948 and 1961 by Fablok S.A for a planned startup industrial railway in Torver, after the discovery of a large limestone deposit, upon his completion however, the startup company failed to get off the ground, leaving the tank engine homeless for 3 months. Whilst waiting for a buyer, Marklin would perform tasks around the factory but wouldn't be properly taught to speak any language, but this wouldn't prevent his eventual purchase by the North Western Railway for use as a shunter at Tidmouth and it's surrounding industries. Fablok S.A would have Marklin shipped to Sodor in 1950, traveling by cargo-liner for most of the journey before being dropped off at Bristol docks where he was then put on a western region goods train bound for Vicarstown. Upon arriving at Vicarstown, the industrial engine was overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle of he big yard, and was glad to be whisked away to Crovans gate. Following an inspection, and the oiling of joints, Marklin would be sent to Tidmouth, where he would be shown the ropes and would find working there easy due to his background which, despite the unsolved communication issues, would see his permanent allocation as the head pilot at Tidmouth. Since his arrival to the railway, Marklin has always been the quiet tank engine allocated to Tidmouth MPD, and had always been painted in a matte black livery since exiting the factory, although his livery was updated upon his 1958 overhaul, with him gaining red stripes, with the number 43 being visibly added over his updated matte black livery.