keen senses

Something Arisu didn't know was that Himejima had extremely keen hearing.

That wouldn't be a problem in general, but by the time Arisu said those words, about Himejima, by coincidence he was walking towards the kitchen.

Himejima POV

I'm exhausted, training this afternoon was intense.  I don't like to go out in the middle of the meeting but this thirst is killing me…” The newcomer seems to be getting along well with the senior girls, I overhear several conversations.  What?  I just heard my name.  What it is?...
Oh I see, she didn't notice that I'm blind, that happens sometimes, it's common... She's not the first person who didn't notice before someone said, she said, what a pity?  Did she mean she feels sorry for me?  ... Which???  She feels sorry because I can't see my face???  H- h - handsome???

Hearing these words Himejima starts to feel his face burn, he was embarrassed, it was something totally new for him.
He was taken by surprise.
The thirst disappeared, he was without reaction, fear made Himejima start walking in the opposite direction, returning to the meeting room of the Hashiras.

Upon entering the room again, Sanemi asks - Did you see a ghost Himejima?  His face is white as if he's seen an apparition.

Himejima replied saying that everything was fine and sat in his place next to Kyojuro.

The girls didn't even notice that Himejima was around.  No one could hear footsteps from him before.

Meanwhile, Maya teases Arisu by saying.  "- I'll tell you something, just for that I'll assign you to take care of Himejima San's wounds when he comes back from his missions, so you can look at his handsome face always hahahaha."

Arisu turns redder than the pepper paste dish she's been preparing, and she realizes she's said too much and too early...

Aoi walks in the middle and says.  "-Maya, she's shy, see if she won't embarrass her- there in front of Himejima- San ok??"

Maya responds.  "- Okay, okay... But enjoy Arisu, they come back pretty hurt from the missions, you have to bathe, help them get dressed and stuff hahaha, get your mind ready."

The girls all laugh together and Arisu nods as if telling Maya to behave.

The hashira meeting is over, it's time to serve dinner.
The girls go to the table serving the dishes.
Arisu does everything carefully, as he still lacks practice.
Some of them before the food have already started drinking to relax, Uzui speaks loudly along with Kyojuro while the others eat and look around satisfied.

The girls are finishing serving, Maya doesn't miss the opportunity and says out loud.  "- Arisu, I haven't served Himejima-San yet, my hands are full, can you please do that?"

Arisu looks at Maya as if to say, "you will pay me"

Maya returns with an open and shameless smile.

Himejima listens and doesn't react.
Arisu, take the drink and fill Himejima's glass.

Himejima Pov

She's pouring a drink in my glass, what's that smell?  Does it come from her?  It's a soft smell of flowers, with a sweet background...

Himejima didn't even notice but had turned his face to Arisu's face as she served him, Arisu noticed the tilt and all she did was look at Himejima's face, the fact that he was blind somehow lessened her fear that she had to look straight, she couldn't resist the urge to look into his face and memorize every inch.

As soon as it was over she said.  - Here's Himejima- San, your drink.

He responds kindly.
"- Thank you, Arisu-Kun."

Close friends of Himejima like Sanemi and Shinobu noticed something different in the air. 

Himejima is not given to treating people intimately by referring to them by name, and he had just met the "newcomer".

  Sanemi and Shinobu between looked at each other and smiled in surprise.

Arisu retreated to the kitchen to help tidy up.
As she stepped, she felt her feet levitating as if stepping on clouds.

His tone of voice, the expression on her beautiful face, everything about him enchanted her, and a simple thank you made her win the night...

After dinner everyone said goodbye and left.

But not for their homes...