Owner of the destiny

In the abyss of his memories, Tanjiro continues to observe the forerunner of all breathing technique users, who is guiding him back to the past, to witness the events that led to their crossing paths.

Yoriichi goes on to describe the moments after his departure.

Running aimlessly, the feets changing the pace on every minute, but the possibility of being free propelled him.
Yoriichi wanted to decide what the future would be, being brave enough to let go of a life predetermined by others.

Yoriichi's steps only stopped when he couldn't run anymore, upon reaching the mountains, the picture of a little girlhe standing with a small barrel in her hands, in a rice field catches Yoriichi's eyes. Lead by some curiosity, Yoriichi asked what she was doing. She told him her sad story that she was alone and her whole family had died from an epidemic. About her barrel, she was taking the little tadpoles out of the field and then putting them back in the water. Upon saying that compassion for the little beings that would be separated from their siblings and parents was the reason why they were returned by her hand, knowing a little bit more about the lonely girl Yoriichi invited her to join him. "- Then come with me."

Yoriichi for the first time is sharing his feelings about his loses to Tanjiro's ancestor. He keeps saying about Uta's characteristics, yes, Uta was the name of the lonely girl he found.
"- She talked non-stop, from dawn until dusk, Uta held my hands as if I were broken, it was a firm grip. Ten years after we became a couple, the last month of Uta's pregnancy was approaching ." ... Yoriichi continued to tell the order of events that left Tanjiro perplexed.

To prepare for the baby's arrival, Yoriichi went looking for a midwife who would arrive the next morning. But on returning home, Yoriichi was late, on the way, he met a gentleman who had walked through three mountains and was looking for his son who had been injured in the war, Yoriichi as his personality would fit, helped him to find him, at this point the sun had already set up and he ran back home.

Yoriichi is fast, his legs ran with the vigor he possessed. The expectation of having her first child filled her thoughts with joy...

What would the baby be like? Would they have obsidian eyes like the mother Uta, or would they have red hair like father?

These are questions that Yoriichi realized he could never have the answers to, as he set foot in his long awaited home, in shock Yoriichi contemplates the bodies of his wife and baby on the floor, covered in a scarlet pool of blood that splattered all around, showing him that his loved ones died a violent death.

Tanjiro was able to feel his ancestor's spasms the moment he learned what Yoriichi had gone through. Staring at Yoriichi with a look full of compassion and impotence in the face of all the suffering that was imposed on him, but he saw that his ancestor remained silent, just as he would have been if he had been in front of Yoriichi, who continued to tell what happened in another one of his philosophical conclusions.

Yoriichi share about the perfect scenerio he had for his chosen destiny. "- My dream was to have a peaceful life with my family. I want a small house to live with my family. Where their faces would always be visible, and it would be possible just reaching for their hands and holding them, is already enough, but It's not going to happen."

Why it would not be possible to fulfill his simple but noble dream? Death was long ago spread by the oni. Thus, Yoriichi, even against his will to wield a sword, became a demon hunter.

Since that time there have been those who pursued oni, but were not yet users of any breathing techniques. They only fought with their courage. But Yoriichi became the mentor of those who wanted to protect innocent ones. And proceeded to teach them his breathing techniques.