The Gifted

There's no doubt! Everyone can be called warriors in this sublime and decisive moment. Pillars, swordsmen, support teams, all of them, gave more than their utmost to emerge victorious. But the post-battle scene is desolate.

The blood painting the walls, the scenario smells death, the sweat, it seems eternal. The time is reigning above all.

Seeing Kamado Tanjiro inert, almost lifeless on his knees, breaks the hearts of both the pillars and the remaining warriors.

Tomioka's beautiful sapphire eyes well up, still unwilling to believe that Tanjiro had left them. Knees, hands, and feet drag themselves to his apprentice, and as he leans over him, Gyuu mourns his loss with his entire being shattered.

With inaudible whispers, Gyuu apologizes time and time again for not being able to protect Tanjiro. And inevitably, Sabito's face haunts him. His head goes slightly back, staring at the skies, waiting or hoping for a miracle.

Inosuke and Zenitsu are let their tears flowing down their young faces. How to describe in words the feeling? There's no such a thing, the salty transparent glittering drops, tells how they feel for their beloved companion, just as everyone else is dealing with this loss now. Also, with the fight for their own lives, slowly slipping away. It's time to give up? Oh...they used all their will, what's left???

The fatally wounded bid farewell to their loved ones.

Obanai delicately cradles Mitsuri in his arms. He envelops her in all the tenderness that seemed to hide all this time. But at this moment, his emotions just speaks by itself emerging to the surface. The two mention how they feel their bodies numb from blood loss and from the excess injuries resulting from their long fight. And seeing that time is not something they have the luxury of boasting, they see themselves no longer as two warriors, but as two people who would like to have the chance to be together if life allowed them.

 And seeing that time is not something they have the luxury of boasting, they see themselves no longer as two warriors, but as two people who would like to have the chance to be together if life allowed them

And oh my, finally confessing their feelings to each other, they find solace in an ocean of love. But...why so late? Maybe for spending most of the seconds..or minutes of theirs lives to give to others. So...unfair...