The Question

Do you know why I called you Kaito?" said master Ubuyashiki.

"- I have some idea master." Said Kaito sitting in front of Ubuyashiki as equals. Unlike the pillars he no longer knelt before Ubuyashiki.

"- Kaito, I accept your proposal." Ubuyashiki said, smiling.

Kaito raises his head and looks at him silently. All you can hear is the sound of the wind, and the water falling between the bamboo in the nearby garden.

After a long break...
"- So that was the purpose for which you came?" Ubuyashiki asked.
Still no full Ubuyashiki answer. "- Each of us has a choice, Kaito, and in addition to a choice, we have the consequences of them. I'm not able to stop you, with the strength you have, but I want you to remember my words. Thank you for listening to me, you can withdraw now." Said Ubuyashiki gently.

Kaito leaves the mansion and in front of the gate he stops and closes his eyes feeling the heat of the sun for a few moments, and decides to head towards the butterfly mansion, he walks around as if looking for something. Finally he sees through the window of the research room Arisu, who was alone in the room mixing some chemical elements.

Arisu looks at the knob turning and upon seeing the door open she receives the length of Kaito who welcomes her with a smile.
"- Hello Arisu-Kun!!!"

"- Ah, hello Kaito, what brings you here?" She answers without taking her eyes off the test tubes she has in her hands and which she continues to shake with concentration.

"- The master wanted to talk to me, when I left I decided to pay you a visit here. What are you doing with this tube?" asks Kaito curiously.

"- I can't say, I'm sorry Kaito." Arisu shrugs her shoulders and sighs in frustration.

"- hmmm... okay, I won't ask again, you don't seem to have reached the desired result, who knows, you'll tell me later... But looking at you I have another question, why don't you still have a ring on your finger? " It provokes Kaito.

"- Well Kaito, since you want to know so much... It's because we are in the middle of a chaos between humans and onis and Gyomei wants to end it all first, that's all." she answers.

"- I see... he fears something will happen. It makes sense, but I would still put a ring on you anyway." He says smiling.

"- A ring is just a material thing, Kaito, Gyomei is more attached to what we are than what we have, you know?" She takes her eyes off the tube for a moment and looks him in the eyes, after her inquiry.

"- I see... Maybe also because he can't see it, so it makes it difficult to choose a beautiful and nice ring for you.''says Kaito.

Arisu sighs deeply, and places one of her hands on the lab table.

"- Yes Kaito, maybe that's it, not everyone is born with the same privileges, you and I can see but Gyomei can't. But we're only talking about a part of what you can see, right? There are things that Gyomei can see far beyond me or you, of that I'm sure." She said throwing the test tube in the trash.

"- Damn... another one." Said Arisu looking at the garbage with her hands on her hips with a sad face.

"- I understand...Well... I'll go, I won't interfere with your research anymore. See you Arisu-Kun. Oh and watch out for wells at night." Said Kaito, making a movement with his fingers on his forehead.

When passing through the corridor Kaito sees Shinobu. "- Shinobu- Kun, you should go easy on the wisteria scent, the scent is already pretty strong hahaha."

Shinobu looks scared at Kaito, as only three people including her knew that she was ingesting a concentrate of the flowers, with a specific purpose.