Seven🐄

I'm not sure but when Poppy fell backward and I caught her we locked eyes and the feel of her skin ran right through me

I had to help her up quickly because I wanted to kiss her for some reason and honestly, I've noticed her but I didn't think she noticed me or anything.

We got on the side by side and went off to check on the sheep. Neither of us said anything as we headed down to where the sheep were.

When we got down to the pin the sheep all seemed to be ok. So we fed them and got back on the side by side.

"Do you want to go get an apple?" I asked her.

"Sure sounds good and we can take some back to the horses." She said.

"I'm still amazed that your mom made skincare cream out of these apples," I said.

"She made cream and stole my dad's heart." She said.

"I need some of that cream." I laughed.

"I have some in my room. Remind me and I'll give you some. All of us use it daily." She said.

"So that's why you look so young," I smirked.

"I am young Luke."

"Can I ask how old you are then?" I asked.

"I'm 26... What about you Luke?"

"I'm 27 so I guess you aren't old," I smirked.

She lightly shoved me in the arm as we pulled up to the spot.

We gathered up a couple of bags of apples that were laying on the ground and then I jumped up a couple of times and grabbed us some apples off of the tree.

When we got back to the stables the horses were waiting on us for some apples. I watched as Poppy walked over to Cotton and baby-talked him.

"They love that baby talk." I laughed walking over to the horses.

"My mom used to do it to the horses and it worked so well that I picked it up I guess." She smiled.

God her smile was beautiful. What the hell is wrong with me.

I focused back on the horses that I was feeding. We finished feeding them and hung up the bag across the room.

My phone beeped and I looked down. "Crap I forgot the feed today. I was supposed to went got it." I said.

"I can go with you if you want. We can take my new truck." She smiled.

"Alright, let's get going before they close. I always go late on Sunday evening before they close."

We headed out to her truck when Worth was sitting at the back patio. "Where are you guys headed?"

"Hey, dad! We are heading to pick up the feed. Be back soon." She said.

"You guys be careful!" Worth said.

Her truck smelled so good. I love the new smell. My truck isn't new but it serves its purpose. "I like your truck and love the smell."

"Nothing like a new smell. I had that Camry forever and it had so many miles I'm surprised it still ran." She said.

We pulled up at the feed store and I jumped out and went in to pay. Worth has me put it on a special card that's just for the Ranch.

The guys loaded it for us and walked over and handed Poppy the bill.

"Thanks again!" She said.

Once back in the truck I asked for the receipt. "Umm your dad gave me this credit card for the Ranch and I have to put the receipt in his office," I said.

"I guess I need one of those cards huh?" She laughed.

"If you won't buy stuff with it that's not related to the Ranch." I laughed looking over at her.

"I don't need to use that card because I have others. I won't need any card once those lashes and lipgloss start selling." She said.

"When exactly is it coming out?" I asked.

"Next Wednesday mom said."

"Are you going to be at the store and sign boxes of lashes?" I asked.

"No, I don't think it works that way. No one wants my autograph just moms." She said.

"I would like your autograph," I said.

"You want a pair of lashes too?" She asked.

"For my mom sure but I'll just take the autograph," I said as we pulled back up to the Ranch.

She drove around to the back of the barn and helped me unload the feed.

"I could have got that Poppy."

"I know but I wanted to help." She smiled.

After we got done we walked back toward the house and she told me to come in and follow her upstairs.

I was worried that Worth would yell at me but no one was around.

"This is the makeup room. Don't freak out when you see how much stuff is in this room." She laughed.

When she opened the door I didn't know what to think. "Wow, you weren't lying."

"Nope, this is where everyone comes for samples." She said opening the door wider.

She walked over to the dresser and grabbed two pairs of lashes and some lip gloss and face cream. "I need to go to my bedroom to grab a marker."

I followed her to her bedroom but I didn't step inside. She turned around and looked at me. "Luke you can come in here no one is going to shoot you." She said.

"I'm not sure about that. Your dad lives here." I chuckled.

"True but you can sit at my desk." She said looking for a marker.

Someone passed by her door and walked back and looked in. "Poppy what are you doing?"

"Hey, mom! Umm giving Luke here two pairs of my lashes and some lipgloss and face cream and well he wanted them signed."

"Well, that's a good idea, Luke. I hope they fit you." Mom laughed.

"I just wanted a signed copy. I figured when hers launch on Wednesday you would want her to sign some." I said.

"That's a really good idea, Luke. Poppy maybe we should do that." Holland smiled before walking off.

"Thanks, Luke!" She made a face and laughed.