Fifty-Eight🍎

We have been in our new house for a month now and it's been great

Ryder sleeps through the night and I have been staying with him while Luke takes care of the animals.

I miss being a vet but being a mother has been so much more important.

Daisy has Ryder today she wanted to keep him and I'm glad because I'm nauseous and I have a feeling that I'm pregnant.

I walk into the bathroom and pull out the pregnancy stick. My boobs are tender and I've been sick of the mornings and that's a clear sign it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that.

I pee on the stick and set a timer and go sit on the bottom of the bed.

Those three minutes have taken forever. When the timer goes over I jump up and go into the bathroom.

When I turn the stick over and it says pregnant I smile. Well, I guess I need to call and make an appointment with Dr. Terry but I cant wait to tell Luke when he comes home to get me for lunch.

I lay on the bed and take a nap and wake up when Luke walks into the bedroom.

"Hey, are you ready for lunch?" He asked.

"I am but I have to show you something first," I said getting up and walking into the bathroom.

When I walk back out I sit down beside him on the side of the bed. "Well umm, I guess that day in the shower we made a baby," I said handing him the stick.

"No shit. Your pregnant?" He laughed.

"I am. What do you think?"

"I'm excited Poppy." He said leaning over kissing my lips.

"Have you made an appointment with Dr. Terry yet?"

"No, I need to before lunch," I said reaching for my phone.

When Luke comes out of the bathroom I inform him I have an appointment in a couple of days.

"Guess we will have two small ones running around together then." He laughed.

"I guess we will. No need in hiding it for so long this time I guess. I mean we can think about it. I'm trying to process it." I said.

"Alright, let's go have lunch. I think mom is coming to the main house to bring Ryder." He said.

"Oh good, I pumped earlier and have more bottles," I said as I grabbed the diaper bag and we headed out to the side by side.

Once up at the main house when we walked in Daisy was already there with Ryder and Luke took him and placed kisses all over his face.

Ryder begins crying and I got up to go feed him when Clara said she would love to do it. I handed her a bottle and went back to the table to eat my sandwich.

Luke grabbed my hand under the table and squeezed it. I smiled over at him and finished eating.

I went to the bathroom and Luke followed me. "I need to ask someone to watch Ryder tomorrow while I go to the dr. I think maybe we should tell mom and dad why." I said.

"I get it lets ask to go to the office and talk to them." He said.

We walked back to the kitchen and I saw dad and mom talking at the table. "Can we talk to you guys upstairs?" I asked.

"Sure sweetheart," Dad said.

I went to check on Ryder and he was asleep in his carrier so I joined everyone upstairs.

"So what's up Poppy?" Mom asked.

"Well, we need a babysitter tomorrow. I have a doctor's appointment." I said.

"Oh god are you sick Poppy?" Mom asked.

"Not exactly umm you have to keep quiet but I'm pregnant," I said.

Dad smiles... "Oh wow, that's great Poppy! Of course, we will watch Ryder for you guys."

"I'm not sure how far along I am yet but I need to be checked to find out," I said.

"We will keep your secret Poppy but I am excited to be a GG again." Mom said.

"We are excited as well. I mean we didn't mean for it to happen but are happy that the kids will be close in age." Luke said.

"That's how we wanted it with you and Hart even though we weren't sure I could even have children." Mom said.

"Really mom? You never told me." I said.

"Yeah I had an incident with an IUD and bled and had to have surgery and the doctor wasn't sure if I could ever have kids and then you came along." She said.

"Wow, I didn't know that mom," I said standing up and walking over to her to hug her.

"I love you so much Poppy and you are a great mother and you will be even better with another one." She smiled and kissed my head.

"Well, we better get downstairs and get Ryder home and ready for bed," I said.

"Just bring him over before you have to go," Dad said.

"Goodnight guys love you!" I said.

"Love you too sweetheart," Dad said.

Luke got Ryder's carrier and we headed out to the side by side.

Once home I got Ryder bathed and fed and burped him again and put him down for the night and then joined Luke in the bedroom.

"Well, that went over better than I thought it would," Luke said.

"Yeah, it really did. I think they are happy about having another grandchild." I smiled.

"Maybe one of the others will start having babies so it's not just on us to have them." He laughed.

"I don't want to keep having babies," I said.

"Yeah, two is enough unless you think more Poppy it's up to you." He said.

"Oh just up to me huh?" I laughed getting in bed beside him.

"Well I mean you can't do it without my swimmers which I happily provide to you." He smirked.