Sixty-Six🐄

Later that night Ryder woke up crying and I went got him and rocked him in the rocking chair in his room

He took to the bottled milk that Poppy had pumped earlier when Ryder was with her parents.

She was fast asleep and I didn't have the heart to wake her up.

Once I got Ryder back to sleep I tiptoed back to our room and slipped in bed next to Poppy and wrapped my arm around her.

She was so restless moaning and holding her stomach and there was nothing I could do for her.

A few hours later she woke me up crying. "What's the matter?"

"Luke I think my water broke." She said.

"Oh shit. Ok let's get dressed and I'll grab Ryder and the bags and we will head to the hospital." I said calmly.

"Ok, will you help me up and help me get a maxi dress on before getting Ryder?" She asked.

"Of course Poppy," I said grabbing one of her many maxi dresses out of the closet and some slip-on shoes.

I threw on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and grabbed the bag she had packed and the diaper bag then helped her out to the truck before going back for Ryder.

Thankfully he stayed asleep. Poppy called her mom to let her know so Holland and Worth are waiting on us.

When we made it down to the house Worth was outside waiting to get Ryder to carry him in.

"Please let us know if she's is in active labor and we will be down." He said.

"Thanks, dad we will keep you all posted," Poppy said as her mom came around to kiss her.

"Ok, we really have to go. I'm having another contraction." She said.

Once we made it down to the end of the road I floored it to the hospital. Poppy was screaming at one point and I was a nervous wreck.

"Luke this baby is coming and I can't hold it." She cried.

"Oh shit! Poppy we are almost there please hang on." I said.

Once we made it to the hospital I ran in like a crazy person and the nurse came back out with me and helped Poppy inside and to a room to assess her.

I went back out and parked and grabbed the bag and ran back inside. The nurse told me which room she was in and shoved a bunch of paperwork in my face to fill out.

I called my mom and told her to get to the hospital and also called Holland and told her to hurry.

"Dr. Terry is on his way but I don't know if he will make it in time. You are ready to have this baby, Mrs. Bale." The nurse said.

"He better get here because I can't hold this baby long." She cried out.

I threw the papers down and rushed over to her side and kissed the side of her head and rubbed her hand. "I'm so sorry Poppy. I wish I could do something."

"I love you too Luke and if I say mean things to you I'm sorry." She cried.

People came in and wheeled Poppy out of the room and I followed as we went upstairs to the baby floor.

I texted both of our moms the room number. It wasn't long until Dr. Terry walked in and checked Poppy and his eyes got big. "No time to waste this time." He said.

"I can't hold it any longer Dr. Terry I need to push." Poppy said.

They were getting her in position when both of our moms walked in and Poppy begin crying. "I didn't think you guys would make it."

"We are here Poppy," Holland said kissing her head and then went down to hold her foot.

My mom patted Poppy's shoulder and she stayed up at her head and helped her to count.

"Alright Poppy when the next contraction hits I need you to push. I know this is different than the last time with no epidural but you can do it." Dr. Terry said.

"That's easy for you to say! You're not pushing a watermelon out of your vagina that you don't have!" She said.

I was trying to swallow down my laugh because I've seen my sweet Poppy act like this before.

"Alright, I need you to give me a big push Poppy." Dr. Terry said.

Poppy screamed and pushed and screamed more. She almost ripped my fingers off but I wasn't saying a word.

"Ok one more big push Poppy and I think your baby girl will be here." Dr. Terry said.

She grunted and pushed one more time and our baby girl came out screaming her lungs out.

"Poppy she's here!" I said leaning down to kiss her forehead.

"Oh god finally." She laughed.

I cut the cord just like last time and Dr. Terry laid her on Poppy's chest and she was the spitting image of her mother.

"She's beautiful Poppy just like you." I smiled down at her.

"I love you, Luke." She said.

I leaned down and kissed her lips as the nurse came to take the baby away and clean her up and weigh her.

"Oh, Poppy I'm so proud of you! You did amazing." Holland said.

"Thank you for letting me be here." My mom said wiping her eyes.

When they gave her back to Poppy I couldn't help but lean down and kiss the top of her little head.

"So what's her name and please don't make us wait." Holland laughed.

Poppy looked at me and smiled. "This here is your granddaughter Wren Elise Bale."

"Wow that's beautiful!" Holland said.

"Oh Poppy! I'm so honored you gave her my middle name." Mom said.

"I'm just glad you didn't name her Worth

"I'm just glad you didn't name her Worth." Holland laughed.

Around 7 am Worth came with Ryder to meet his baby sister.

"Baby!" He grinned with his fingers in his mouth.

"Do you love her Ryder?" I asked him.

"Yes, dada." He smiled reaching out to touch her arm.