Sixty🐄

We went home and got dressed to go over to my parents

"I wish we had a shirt that says promoted to big brother. Let's get one made before Sunday dinner." Poppy said.

"Good idea." I smiled as I drove us over to my parent's house.

We pull up and go in and dad greets us at the door. "Hey, guys!"

"Hey, dad!" I said carrying Ryder in the house.

"There is my favorite girl!" Mom said walking out of the kitchen to hug Poppy.

"Hi, Daisy!" She laughs.

"I'm glad you came over. I made meatloaf and sides." She said.

"Oh, we are starving mom." I smiled getting Ryder out of the carrier.

"Come here to grandpa." Dad smiled.

We made it to the kitchen table and dad was carrying Ryder and sit down with him.

"Do you want me to take him, Ron?" Poppy asked.

"No, he's fine with me." He said.

"We are happy you guys decided to come over. We were missing Ryder." Mom said.

"Oh, just Ryder huh mom?" I asked laughing.

"You know what I mean Luke." She smiled.

Once dinner was over and mom set down with lemon bars I looked over at Poppy and smiled.

She smiled back at me and I knew it was time to show the sonogram.

"Mom, Dad there is a reason for us coming over tonight. We have news." I smiled.

"Well don't keep us in suspense son," Dad said.

I pulled the sonogram out and handed it to mom across the table. "Poppy is pregnant! We are having another baby!" I said.

"Another baby? Oh my goodness!" Mom smiled handing it to dad.

"Goodness gracious another one. I am  as happy as a pig in mud."

"When did you find out?" Mom asked.

"Today we are eight weeks and we had my parents keep Ryder so we told them and thought it was only fair to tell you both before we tell everyone else at Sunday dinner." Poppy said.

"Well, we sure are happy about it aren't we Ron?" Mom asked.

"Of course dear another one to carry on the Bale name." He smiled.

Ryder begins to cry so Poppy got up and took him from dad and went to the living room to feed him.

"Hoping for a girl this time?" Mom asked.

"I really haven't thought about it. She only took a test the other day and it was positive so we went to see Dr. Terry and well it's all been a blur." I laughed.