Forty-four🍎

The next eight weeks were hard on Luke but he finally got that cast off and he couldn't be happier

It was time for the fair and we were ready. All the piglets were ready to be adopted out beside the two we decided to keep.

We made a weekend out of it and the people that adopted a piglet also got mom's autograph.

Uncle Chad was in the dunk tank and we all took turns. Hart dunked him every time.

Damon came with a girl but he didn't introduce us to her so it must have been his flavor of the week.

Luke and I judged a pie competition which was fun and then we did the egg toss and sack race and won both of them.

Lilly and Garth showed up and I was so happy to see her it had been a while.

By the time the weekend was over we were tired and ready to sleep in. Brennon and Hart helped us to take care of the animals since we all were out having fun.

When we got home Sunday it was time for dinner and Clara had outdone herself. She made so much food that when Grandpa Daniel and Grandma Nancy showed up we prayed over the food and then dug in.

"Poppy I brought some lemon bars," Daisy said.

"Oooh, I cant wait to get one and a brownie." I laughed.

"You better get me some too." Luke smiled at me.

"What's wrong with your arms? They are no longer broke." I laughed.

Chad snorted and we all laughed. "God she's sassy like her momma."

"And don't you forget it." Mom laughed.

Once dinner was over my stomach was hurting and I prayed it wasn't food poisoning again.

"I've gotta go to the bathroom I'll be back," I said getting up and running up to the main house and upstairs to my old bathroom.

I started throwing up everything I ate and I felt miserable. Oh no not again.

While I was hugging the toilet bowl I got to thinking about my period and when had I had one last?

Oh gosh, it was when Luke broke his arm and we had sex with no condom. After I finished puking I rinsed my mouth out with water and went back outside to where Luke was.

"I need to go home I'm not feeling well," I said.

"Ok let's get going then." He said standing up.

"Sorry guys but my stomach is upset and we are going to head on home," I said.

"Are you ok?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, I just hope it's not food poisoning," I said.

"Poppy let us know if you need anything." Mom said.

Luke hugged his parents and we headed down to our house and I went straight to the bedroom to change into something comfy and laid on the bed.

"Luke you could have stayed if you wanted to," I said.

"I know but I'd rather be with you." He said.

"While I was upstairs throwing up I got to thinking about my period and I haven't had one since you broke your arm," I said.

"Oh shit! Do you think you could be pregnant?" He asked.

"I'm really not sure but I could take a test," I said.

"I will run to town and get you one and some anti-nausea meds just to keep on hand." He said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course." He said walking over and kissing my forehead.

"Be careful I love you," I said.

"I love you too Poppy." He said before leaving.

I dozed off to sleep after he left and when he comes back I heard Romeo running into the room.

"Did you get one?" I asked

"I did. Are you ready to pee on this thing and find out if we are pregnant or not?" He smiled.

"You sound excited Luke." I smiled getting up off the bed.

"I sorta am. I mean we birth a lot of animals and this is a little different." He said.

"More like a lot different. I have to birth this out of my hoo-ha." I laughed.

I went into the bathroom and peed in a cup and then dipped the stick into it and then set a timer for three minutes.

"Longest three minutes of our life," I said walking back out and sit beside him on the bed.

"We can do this. What if it is positive? Our families are going to go crazy. The first grandchild on both sides." He said.

"That is cool and well you know we would have a lot of help and this baby would be so loved," I said.

"Are we getting ahead of ourselves Poppy?" He laughed.

"Just a little bit Luke." I laughed just as the timer on my phone went off.

"Here goes nothing." He said as I went into the bathroom to get the stick. I walked back out and sit down beside him.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be." He laughed.

I turned it over and read the word pregnant on the stick. "Oh my god, Luke we are going to have a baby!"

"Seriously? Oh my god! I'm going to be a dad." He said jumping up and pulled me into his arms and gave me a passionate kiss.

"That's how we got in this in the first place." I laugh.

"So what now?" He asked.

"Well, I need to call my gynecologist and make an appointment, and then we will go from there," I said.

"So we keep this quiet until we know for sure?" He asked.

"Yeah, that would be best even though I'm ready to tell my parents now." I laughed.

"I'm about to burst. Maybe telling Romeo will help." He laughed.

"Romeo you are going to be a big brother!" I said.

Romeo barked. "Oh, Poppy he will have a best friend."

I wiped my eyes as he wrapped me in his arms. "We are going to be parents," I whisper to him.