Forty-Six🍎

Once we got home Luke went to check on the animals and I went to the main house

I went looking for mom because I want to take a bag of makeup back to the girl at the diner.

"Mom where are you?" I called from the bottom of the steps.

"In the makeup room!" She said.

"Good I'm coming up!" I said.

"What's up Poppy?"

"I met this girl a little bit ago in that diner downtown and the waitress didn't know me but knew who you were and said she couldn't afford the makeup and well I want to take her some," I said.

"Oh, Poppy that's so sweet. Pick some stuff out you know I don't care." Holland said.

"Well, I wanted you to pick things because you know this stuff better than I do." I laughed.

"Don't tell Clara you went to eat before dinner." Mom laughed.

"Well don't say it so loud." I laughed sitting down at the vanity while she picked out things.

"You know this is why I have this room. Because I love giving samples out like this. Did you tell her you were coming back?" Mom asked.

"No I didn't but I want her to have some," I said.

I'm trying to shut up because I really want to tell mom about the baby but I just can't.

"Alright, here you go let me know how it goes over when you come back for dinner." Mom said.

"I will thanks mom love you!"

"I love you too Poppy." She smiled.

I walked down the stairs and through the kitchen and out to the stables. When Luke saw me he shook his head.

"I'm going to take this back to Ayla at the diner," I said.

"I knew you would. Be careful ok? I'm going to finish this up before dinner." He said.

"I'll be right back Luke. Love you!" I said walking over and kissing him.

"I love you too Poppy." He smiled and kissed me again.

I got in my truck and drove back to the diner. When I walked in Ayla was behind the counter and she smiled when she saw me.

"Back so soon?" She asked.

"I came back to bring you this." I smiled holding up the bag.

"I thought your husband was joking." She laughed.

"No my mom is serious about her samples and she has a whole room dedicated to them and she picked all this out for you." I smiled.

"Wow, this is too much. Thank you so much, Mrs. Bale." She smiled.

"It's Poppy but your welcome!" I smiled.

"I just don't know what to say besides thank you. This means a lot to me." She said.

"Here take my number and if you run out I will personally bring you more," I said.

"Thanks again, Poppy!" She said.

"No problem! Well, I have to get back to the Ranch. Nice meeting you Ayla!"

"Nice meeting you too and thanks again!" She said.

I got back in my truck and headed back to the Ranch. That was my good deed for the day and she seemed really grateful.

I pulled up at home and went inside to pee and went back out on the porch and sit down and it wasn't long until Luke walked up with Romeo.

I scratched him on the head as Luke bent down to kiss me. "How did it go?"

"She was very shocked but appreciative." I smiled.

"Well, I'm glad you went back and took her some makeup. She seemed like a nice lady." He said.

"Yeah, she did seem nice. Everything ok with the animals?" I asked.

"Yeah, they all are good. How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm doing ok. Still seems surreal that we are going to have a baby." I smiled.

"I know and I cant wait to tell people." He said.

We went inside and washed up before heading up to the main house for dinner.

"Lips sealed," I said.

"I'll do my best." He laughed.

When we walked in there was a bunch of people talking in the kitchen. We took our seats and waited to be served.

"Poppy, how was it when you went back in?" Mom asked.

"She was stunned really but she thanked me a few times," I said.

"What are yall talking about?" Hart asked.

"A girl I met today I took her some makeup," I said.

"Oh well, that was nice of you. Not like mom doesn't have a bunch." He laughed.

Once everyone was seated Clara started bringing plates over. Tonight's menu was chicken casserole with mashed potatoes and a veggie medley.

"This looks, delicious dear," Roger said.

"I hope you all enjoy it!" Clara said before Grandpa Jack said the prayer.

I eat and eat until I was stuffed. I took my plate to the sink and Clara wrapped her arm around me. "I made you two some brownies."

"Oh Clara that is so sweet of you. I will take them home with us." I smiled.

She got the container out of the fridge and I walked over to Luke. "Brownies."

"Hell yeah!" He laughed.

Dad walked over. "Clara spoils you both too much."

"Oh, dad your just jealous!" I smiled at him.

"If I eat that I would be bigger than I am now." He smiled.

"We are heading home love you dad."

"I love you too Poppy." He said hugging me.

"Talk to you guys in the morning. We are off to eat brownies." I laughed hugging mom bye.

Romeo met us at the door and Luke let him out to use the bathroom and we settled down on the couch with our container of brownies.

After we eat we decided to get ready for bed. I stripped down and just put on one of Luke's shirts to bed and once he joined me in bed he moved down to my stomach and kissed it.

"Daddy loves you and I love mommy too," Luke said smiling up at me.