Thirteen🐄

The next morning I woke up bright and early and fed the animals before having to go down and help Poppy with her launch

When I made it back to the horses Poppy was feeding them. "Morning Poppy!"

"Morning Luke! I thought I would come help do the feed before getting ready." She said.

"I was going to handle it for you so you didn't have to," I said.

"Thanks, Luke that's sweet but you are going to be just as busy today since this was your idea." She smiled.

"Yeah, now I'm rethinking this whole thing." I laughed.

"My mom has gone crazy announcing how I will be down at the store for the launch and she's expecting a lot of people to come in." She said.

"Well, I guess we will see how famous your mom really is here in Marble Farms." I laughed.

"I guess we will. Well, I have to go get dressed and glammed up so don't be shocked when you see me." She laughed.

I watched her walk away and damn that ass. I shook my head as I headed back to my house and waited on them to get ready to go.

I checked on Romeo and then walked back up to the house and joined the guys in the kitchen.

When Holland and Poppy walked into the kitchen I didn't even recognize her with all the makeup on. She smiled at me and I winked at her.

Not sure why I did that but I hope no one noticed.

"You ready to go Luke?" Holland asked.

"I guess If I have to be." I laughed.

Worth slapped me on the back. "Maybe you won't have to try on makeup like Derrick did."

"Holland! You told them about that???" Derrick asked.

Holland opened her mouth but Worth butted in. "I saw the pics, Derrick." He laughed.

Everyone laughed as we walked out the door. "Ride with me?" Poppy asked.

"Sure let's go." I smiled.

We got in the truck and Poppy looked over at me. "I look ridiculous."

"No, you don't. You look beautiful Poppy." I said.

"Really? I feel like my face is caked in mud." She laughed.

"I like you better without the makeup but you are beautiful either way," I said looking over at her.

"Thanks, I appreciate that." She said as we pulled up.

"Holy shit! Poppy look at that line." I said.

Her mouth was open and her eyes were big. "Oh my god! It's the whole town." She laughed.

"It's something alright and I know my mom is mixed up in it." I laughed.

Poppy drove around the back and parked. Holland rushed over to the driver's side door. "OMG did you guys see all the people?"

"Mom it's hard to miss the whole freakin town is here!" Poppy said.

"Let's get inside and I need to call Derrick and Chad and Sid and have them come down here and help because there is no way just us three can handle it," Holland said.

We went inside and I helped Poppy put the boxes of lashes out on a table along with her lipgloss and grabbed two seats. She wanted me to sit beside her and that's what I'll do.

"Ok I called and they are on their way," Holland said.

We finished setting up the table and Holland went outside to talk to everyone in line to get some kind of order going.

"Your mom is a boss bitch." I laughed.

"And she knows it too. She makes all those millions so she has to be smart." Poppy smiled.

I loved that red lipstick on her lips and my eyes couldn't look away.

"Something on my teeth Luke?"

"No, I just like that red lipstick." I laughed.

Chad, Derrick, Sidney, and Emma walked in to help. Sydney helped people get in the door and Emma helped people that wanted other makeup along with Poppy's items.

Chad just flirted with the women and Derrick walked around getting Holland items while I sit on my ass beside Poppy feeling like a proud friend to know her.

Poppy signed so many boxes of lashes that her hand was cramping. At one point we took a break.

"Give me your hand," I told her.

"What for?" She asked.

"Just give me your hand. I know it's cramping and I want to help you." I said holding my hand out.

She put her hand in mine and I massaged her fingers and the palm of her hand. I saw Chad look over at us a few times and smirk but I just ignored him.

Holland walked over. "Are you ok Poppy?"

"My hand is cramping mom so Luke is massaging it for me." She said.

"Ahh ok yeah I get that and none of us can help you sign I'm sorry." She said handing us two bottles of water.

Sid let a few more people in and they came over to the table and when I looked up it was my mom.

"Hey, mom!" I smiled.

"Hey! I didn't know you would be here son." She said.

"Well since this was my idea I was roped into it." I laughed.

"I'm the one who was roped into it." Poppy laughed.

"Well I want seven boxes of lashes and I want three lip glosses please," Mom said.

"Thank you, Daisy!" Holland said when she walked up.

"I'm happy to support plus I just love both of these items and I didn't want to use the ones Luke brought me." She laughed.

When the day was over and we got ready to leave Poppy asked if we could go get ice cream and I was more than ready.

We got in her truck and headed down the road and went inside and got ice cream and sit across from each other.

We decided on banana splits and when the girl brought them over she gasps. "OMG your Poppy Maverick!!"

"So they tell me." Poppy giggled.