Forty-Seven🐄

How we managed to keep the baby a secret is beyond me

How we managed to keep the baby a secret is beyond me. We went to our twelve-week appointment the other day and all was well.

We decided to get a shirt made for Poppy to wear to Sunday dinner and that happens to be today.

The shirt says waiting to pop. Let's see if anyone notices. It doesn't really give anything away.

When she walked out in her yellow shirt with orange and pink writing on it I smiled. "Let me take your picture to remember this day."

After taking her picture I took her in my arms and kissed her lips. "I love you, Poppy."

"I love you too Luke." Now, let's go surprise everyone. Do you have the sonogram?"

"I do it's in my back pocket," I said as we walked up to the tent.

Mom and dad walked over and I was surprised to see Owen. I walked over to him and embraced him in a big bear hug. "I'm so glad you are here!"

"I wanted to surprise you," Owen said.

Poppy walked over and hugged Owen when she saw him. "I'm glad you made it!"

"You knew he was coming?" I asked.

"Yeah sorta." She laughed.

Mom hugged Poppy and we all walked over and sit down. Owen sit beside me and Brennon was on the other side of Poppy.

All of the ladies brought food bowls after food bowls out to the table. Once everyone was around the table Grandpa Daniel said the prayer and we all dug in.

"No expired mayo this time." Clara laughed.

"Oh goodness, I don't think I could handle that again." Poppy said.

"Me neither!" Rosa said.

"Oh me either!" Mom said.

Everyone chitchatted while stuffing our faces and so far no one has noticed Poppy's shirt yet.

I can hardly contain my excitement. I look over at her and smile and she smiles back at me.

I lean over and whisper in her ear. "No one noticed."

"Give it time." She whispered back.

Hart walks over and stands behind dad and is talking when I see him looking at Poppy.

"Poppy, what does that mean? Waiting to Pop? New brand?" He asked.

Poppy smirks and I smile over at her.

"Well, sooner or later I'm going to pop." She laughed.

Holland hits the table with her hands and starts screaming. "OH MY GOD!!! MY BABY IS HAVING A BABY!"

"Oh, shit is that true Poppy?" Worth asks.

"It's true dad! We are having a baby!" She giggled.

"Oh my gosh! No wonder Poppy asked me to be here. I'm going to be an uncle." Owen said.

"Well hot damn!" Chad said.

Mom got up and walked over and hugged the both of us from behind.

"I have a sonogram!" I said digging it out of my back pocket.

"How far along are you Poppy?" Nancy asked.

"Twelve weeks as of a few days ago and let me just tell you it's been hard to hide from you all. We found out when I was eight weeks." She said.

"This is the best news I've heard in a long time," Daniel said.

"I'm going to be a grandpa!" Dad said.

"Am I even old enough to be a grandpa?" Worth laughed.

"I'm not old either," Holland smirked at him.

"Congrats sis! You know Hart is a good name." He laughed.

"We don't have names yet but thanks." She laughed.

Everyone came around hugging us and congratulating us before Clara brought out cake and mom brought out her lemon bars.

We laughed and talked about baby stuff for the next hour and it was great.

Owen and I walked down to the stables and checked on the horses. "I can't believe you're going to be a dad." He said.

"I know it's hard to believe but I'm so ready Owen. I feel like I was made to be a dad." I said.

"You will be good at it and well doesn't matter boy or girl they will wear my number." He laughed.

"Of course they will!" I laughed.

We walked over to the horses and fed them apples. "So how long will you be here?"

"I have to leave early in the morning but when Poppy called I knew something was up but I had no idea it was this." He said.

"She's great isn't she?" I gushed.

"She loves you I know that and I can see how much you love her. I'm happy for you Luke."

"I've never been happier," I said as we walked back to the tent.

"I wondered where you went." Poppy said.

"We went and fed the horses some apples. Are you ok?"

"You mean because of all the stomach rubs? Nah I'm good." She smiled.

"Are you ready to go home?" I asked her.

"Yeah I'm a little tired but you stay and catch up with your brother I'll be fine." She said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"I'm sure. If you want you guys to come to the house. Owen can stay the night if he wants." She said.

"I appreciate that but I better stay with mom but I will come down to your house for a while," Owen said.

He went and told mom I would bring him home later and we headed down to the house.

"Well this is cute and all you need really huh?" Owen asked.

"Yeah, plenty enough room but I'm sure if Poppy wanted a bigger house Worth would build it now that she's going to give him his first grandchild." I laughed.

"Don't give him any ideas Luke." She laughed.

"Sounds like she has her dad wrapped around her finger." Owen laughed.

"Being the first child and only girl  kinda helped with that." She smiled.

"Oh how much older are you than your brother?" Owen asked.

"Just a year." She said.

"So how old are you Poppy? If I may ask." Owen smiled.

"Twenty-six." She said.

"Cool, we are the same age." He smiled.

"Stop flirting with my wife Owen. Wait, my pregnant wife." I laughed.

Owen throws up his hands. I'm just asking questions bro." He laughed.