Forty-Eight🐄

We had our twenty-week appointment today and found out what the sex of the baby is

We decided to have a get-together this weekend with all the family so Owen can be here and have him throw a football to me that has the gender color in it.

Mom has been planning everything with Holland and we are so excited.

I haven't been letting Poppy do daily feedings with me. Well, she stays on the side by side and that's no fun for her.

Worth walked over... "What are you doing sitting out here Poppy?"

"He won't let me help him do the feeding anymore but I get to ride," She said.

"Well, I can understand him being careful. I was like that with your mom when she was carrying you." He said.

"I can't wait to find out what we are having tomorrow," Poppy said.

"I'm excited too and I can't believe I'm going to be a grandpa." Worth laughed.

"What are you going to be?" Gramps or grandpa? Or Pops?" She asked him.

"I'm not sure about that. But your mom does not want to be called granny or grandma." He laughed.

I walked back over to them and got on the side by side. "Hey, Worth."

"How's it going, Luke?" He asked.

"Oh, it's going. Ready for tomorrow to find out the gender." I smiled.

"We all are. Holland is driving me crazy about it." He laughed.

"Owen will be in tonight so we can do it around lunch tomorrow if everyone can get together," I said.

"Oh, we are ready at any time. Clara and Holland are in the kitchen with my mom making a pink and blue cake."

"Are they really dad? I want to go see." Poppy said.

"Go ahead and I'll get this finished and find you," I said.

Once she went inside Worth wanted me to walk with him into the stables and talk.

"So what's up Worth?"

"Before you say no Luke I want you to hear me out ok?" He said.

"Alright shoot. What's up?"

"With the baby coming I want you guys to live in a bigger nicer house. Not one that employees live in." He said.

"Worth I don't know what to say," I said.

"You know I'll do anything for you kids and I want to make you and Poppy and the baby a nice big home. Has she ever said what kind of house she would like?" He asked.

"Honestly I can't say that she has. She seems pretty content where we are. I'm sorry I'm no help but you will have to ask her Worth."

"Alright I will talk to her and she will probably turn me down and if that happens I will build what I think she would like." He said.

"Now I see where she gets her stubbornness from." I laugh.

"She gets it honest." He laughs before heading to the main house.

I got on the side by side and went to check on the sheep and pigs.

When I was finished I went up to the main house and saw the women still in the kitchen working on a cake but didn't see Poppy anywhere.

"Holland where is Poppy?" I ask.

"Oh, she went upstairs with her dad go on up there." She said.

I headed upstairs and knocked on Worth's office door.

"Come in!" He said.

"Hey, I was just checking on Poppy," I said sticking my head in the door.

"Come on in Luke we were just discussing the house." He said.

"You know Luke?" She asked.

"He told me just a little bit ago," I said sitting down beside her.

"What do you think about this? He's going to build it like it or not." She sighed.

"It's your decision Poppy. I know you like where we are but if we have more kids down the road we will need more room." I said.

"Yeah, that's true. Alright dad I'm not going to complain or fuss. Just let me help with the plans and do it how I want." She said.

"You got it, sweetheart. Whatever you want." Worth said.

"Well, I do like the split level like Uncle Austin's." She said.

"Well, that's a start. Go home and you two figure out what you like and I'll make it a reality." Worth said.

Holland walked into the room. "What's going on guys?"

"Just working on their dream home." Worth said as Holland walked over and sit on his lap.

"Oh I'm so excited and you agreed to it, Poppy?" She asked.

"Yeah, no need in fighting dad about it, and as Luke said In case we decide to ever have more children we need a bigger house." She said.

"Oh, I like your way of thinking. By the way, I think I want to be called GG." Holland said.

"Whatever you want mom." Poppy laughed.

"And since my dad is pops I can't use that name. I guess Pappy could work." He said.

"Pappy? Like poppa smurf?" I asked laughing.

"Hush Luke." Worth laughed.

"So now that we are all agreed I guess you will start soon won't you Worth?" Holland asked.

"Yeah first thing tomorrow. At some point, I need you to pick out hardware and different things for the house." Worth said.

"Well, you know where we will be." Poppy said standing up.

"Goodnight guys!" Holland said.

"Night mom and dad. Love you both!" Poppy said as we headed downstairs.

Once outside on the side by side, she looked at me. "I thought I didn't want this but maybe I do."

"It's exciting and well if we want more than one child then we will need the room and it makes sense," I said.

"How many kids are you wanting Luke?" She asked.

"I'm not sure maybe two? Depending on what you say. As many as you will give me." I smiled over at her.

"That's a good answer, Luke." She laughed.

We walked up on the porch and I pulled her in my arms and kissed her passionately.