Eleven🐄

After breakfast, we got started on feeding the animals

After breakfast, we got started on feeding the animals. Cotton and the other horses were waiting on some feed and apples.

We didn't talk much as we cleaned out stalls and checked the animals. It was time to give some injections to some of the animals.

I went to make up the needles while Poppy was loving on Cotton.

I went into the little office that Worth stayed in all the time and I couldn't do it. It's too stuffy in here.

Poppy walked in the doorway and smiled. "I was coming to do that."

"Great minds think alike." I smiled at her.

We finished up the needles and went around and gave out injections and walked down to check on the ewe and her lambs.

"Look how cute they are Luke!"

"I must admit they are adorable

"I must admit they are adorable." I laugh.

I watch as Poppy gets down in the grass with the momma and her babies. I grab my phone out of my back pocket and take a picture.

"Are you checking them or playing with them Poppy?" I asked.

"A little bit of both." She laughed.

We picked them up and carried them back to the stables and put them in a locked-in area so they could milk because momma seems to want to get away from them.

"I think they will be good in here but we should check them in a couple of hours," I said.

"Yeah, they should." She said.

We went to gather up some hay and took it to the horses before Emerson walked into the stables.

"Hey, guys how's it going?" He asked.

"Hey Uncle Eme! Look in the stall at the Ewe and her little lambs." Poppy said.

"Oh, I gotta get pictures." He smiled.

"Did you guys know that up in the loft there is a mattress? I mean for when the animals are laboring and you need to nap. Your dad and I used to take naps all the time." He said.

"Wow didn't know that but that could come in handy," I said.

"Yeah sitting on the ground all night on a blanket is hard on the butt." Poppy laughed.

I walked up to the loft and took a look around. It actually was kinda romantic. "I think the sheet needs to be washed," I said.

"Throw it down here and I'll have it washed." Poppy said.

"There is a comforter as well," I said.

"Well bring it then." She said from the bottom of the steps.

"Come up here and look around Poppy," I said.

She walked up the steps and popped her head over the railing. "Wow, this is nice in its own sorta way."

"Yeah, it's not bad. Next time we can sit on the mattress and play some cards or something while we wait." I said pulling the comforter off.

I handed her the sheet and I carried the comforter downstairs and helped her take them in the house and to the washing machine.

"Wait what are you kids doing?" Clara asked.

Poppy explained to Clara and she said she would take care of it for us."

"You guys just wait around because lunch is almost ready." She said.

"Thanks, Clara! We will be out sitting on the front porch." Poppy said.

I followed her outside and over to a swing. "I used to sit out here a lot and swing growing up." She said.

"My parents had one as well. Still do and my mom swings all the time." I said.

"So when do I get to meet this brother of yours? Is he the cute one?" She laughs.

"Hey! Really?" I laugh.

"Just joking Luke."

"I'm not sure when he will be back in town. He's always training. What about your brother? I have yet to meet him."

"Hart? He is never here. I think he must have a girlfriend or something." She shrugged.

Holland walked out on the porch and smiled when she saw us. "Hey, guys what's up?"

"Clara told us not to go far that it was almost time for lunch." Poppy said.

"Well then you guys keep swinging and I'll come to get you when it's done. Oh, Luke don't forget tomorrow is launch day." Holland said.

"Oh, this one won't let me forget Holland." I chuckled.

"Good." She smiled and walked into the house.

"So what am I going to do at this launch day tomorrow Poppy?"

"Umm be my bitch boy? Get me water and fan me and hold my hand when it cramps from signing?" She laughed.

"Seriously?" I asked scratching my head.

"No, I'm joking Luke." She said smacking my leg.

"So really you have no idea what we will be doing?" I asked.

"No, I have no idea. I haven't been to a launch since I was a kid." She said.

"So will I be shocked when I see your face tomorrow?" I asked.

"Oh, I will have a bunch of makeup on so yes you probably will be." She said.

"I guess you kinda have to wear the product huh?" I asked.

"Yeah just be glad you don't have to wear it." She laughed.

Holland stuck her head out the door. "Lunch is ready guys."

We walked in and were some of the firsts to sit down. "What's on the menu Roger asked his wife.

"Tomato soup and grilled cheese and well I made more brownies because some disappeared," Clara said looking in our direction.

"Confession! Luke and I ate them last night." Poppy giggled.

"I know you did because I know they are your favorite and I'm assuming Luke's too." Clara smiled.

"It was all my doing. I was starving and she brought me a cheeseburger and the brownies." I smiled.

"I'm glad to know you like my cooking Luke," Clara said patting my shoulder.

Everyone joined around the table and Austin said a prayer and we all dug in and talked and Emerson was telling everyone how cute the lambs were.

"Have you named them?" Worth asked.

"No dad because I wasn't sure if you would keep them and I can't name them if you don't." Poppy said.

"Come up with names Poppy." Worth said smiling at us.

"We need a notebook to write these names down in." I laughed.

"A baby book." Poppy giggled.