Nineteen🐄

What is Poppy doing to me? I love being with her and what happened a few short hours ago in the stables I was ready to fuck her and not care who walked in

Brennon walking in just shows it's not safe and I'm not sure when I can get her alone.

I closed my eyes and slept for three hours before my alarm went off. I got up and showered and shaved and brushed my teeth before throwing on some clothes and headed to the main house.

When I walked in everyone was around the table including Poppy. I walked over and sit beside her.

"Good morning Poppy!"

She smiled at me. "Good morning Luke. How did you sleep?"

"Fabulous." I laughed.

Clara set down a big plate of waffles with eggs and bacon and sausage.

We all took turns filling up our plates and eat in quiet until Hart walked in ranting and raving.

I watched as Worth jumped up from his chair and grabbed Hart by the back of the neck and took him out of the room.

Holland got up and excused herself and we all looked around in shock.

"Something is going on with that boy," Jack said.

"Yeah most definitely," Austin said.

Poppy never said a word but she looked worried when she looked over at me.

I grabbed her hand under the table and squeezed. I know she has been worried for a while about Hart.

By the time breakfast was over Worth nor Holland had come back down and definitely no sign of Hart.

I walked outside with Poppy. "Are you ok?"

"I'm not sure. I want to know what's going on but I know I shouldn't be in the room. I just hope whatever it is that Hart will turn around." She sighed.

"Yeah, I hope that as well and I don't even know him," I said.

I could tell she didn't want to leave the house so I went and let Romeo out of the house and he ran right to Poppy for love.

I saw her smile and scratch his head. "I'll check the animals if you will keep Romeo company."

"Thanks for understanding Luke." She smiled.

I went checked the animals and fed the horses and when I walked back out to the porch Poppy was no longer sitting there.

I continued with the chores and when she came out and found me in the old barn grabbing hay she was crying.

"Hey what's the matter!" I said closing the gap between us.

"It's Hart... I was right Luke he's been doing drugs and steroids but dad is sending him to treatment he leaves tonight."

"I'm sorry Poppy but this is what he needs. You said something was wrong." I said pulling her in for a hug.

I thought this old barn would be the last place anyone would find us in but when the door swung open it was Worth.

"Thanks for consoling my little girl Luke." He said which surprised me.

"It's not a problem. I can't stand to see people cry." I said as Poppy stepped back and Worth wrapped her in his arms.

"I'll let you two have some space," I said walking out the door.

Well, Worth didn't kill me and he did thank me so I think I'm ok for now. I walked on down to check on the sheep and feed them.

When I walked back up to the stables Poppy was in there with her dad checking on the foal Daisy.

"You guys ok?" I asked.

"Better but thanks for earlier Luke." Poppy said.

"No problem," I said. "So umm how is Daisy doing?" I asked.

"She's great! Did you tell your mom you named our first foal after her?" Poppy asked.

"I did and she was excited. She wants to meet her when they come for Sunday dinner." I said.

"Ooh yeah, I forgot that's coming up in a couple of days." Poppy smiled.

Worth finally walked out of the stables and I looked over at Poppy. "I thought I was a goner." I laughed.

"Nah dad likes you and he knows you were just comforting me." Poppy smiled.

"Glad he knows I wouldn't hurt you and well I wouldn't Poppy," I said.

"I know you wouldn't Luke." She said rushing over to me and quickly kissing my lips.

When she pulled back I couldn't help but smile. I think she likes me as much as I like her and it's growing by the day.

We finished our morning rounds when Poppy asked if I wanted to go pick apples for the horses and that's about the only time I get alone time with her.

I put the buckets on the side by side and we got on and headed toward the orchards.

We pulled up and I cut the engine off and smiled over at her. "Are you really ok Poppy?"

"I am... I mean I am worried about Hart but I know he needs this to get back on track." She said.

"I'm glad that he's getting the help. Did he put up much of a fight?" I asked.

"Dad didn't give him a choice really. He said he was going or he could leave and well Hart would never go against dad so he said he would go for ninety days." She said.

I put my arm around the back of the side by side and pulled her close. "Well, whatever you need I will be there for you."

She turned and looked at me and rubbed the side of my face before she leaned in and kissed me.

I was lost in her kiss and didn't notice anyone walk up. When we pulled apart Brennon was standing there smiling with his gun in his hand.

"Well well well I had a feeling something was going on in the stables this morning. But your secret is safe with me." Brennon said.

"Thanks, Brennon... We don't know what's going on between us yet besides kissing." Poppy said.

"But I want to get to know her better," I said.

"Guys I saw nothing." Brennon laughed walking off.