Twenty-Six🍎

The next morning we woke up around 6 am and started our day making our rounds to the animals

The next morning we woke up around 6 am and started our day making our rounds to the animals. We fed the horses last and after breakfast, we had to go get some apples.

When we walked in and set down everyone was talking and laughing like normal.

"So how do you like your new place?" Uncle Emerson asked.

"I love it! Romeo has been keeping me company at night." I smiled.

Clara started setting so many bowls on the table. Sausage, bacon, eggs, hash rounds, biscuits, gravy, cooked apples, pancakes, and waffles.

"Wow, Clara this looks so good," Dad said.

I figured I myswell say something before the room started.

"So I know how nosey all of you are and before all the rumors start I want you all to know that Luke and I are seeing each other. So don't run and tell mom and dad they already know." I said.

"I kinda figured that." Uncle Chad said.

"And before any of you pick at them Luke actually came and asked our permission first. So make sure you all give him the respect he deserves." Dad said.

Clara walked over and patted Luke on his back. "I knew you were one of the good guys."

"Thanks, Clara. I try." Luke smiled at her and then over at me.

I smile at him and continue to eat my food. Once we were done we grabbed the buckets and Romeo and got on the side by side and headed up toward the apple orchards.

We got off and started picking up apples and Romeo ran with a green one in his mouth again.

I can't help but laugh and watch him as he runs back and forth with the apple in his mouth.

I finishing filling up my bucket and putting it back on the side by side before walking back under the tree and sit down watching Luke jump for apples again.

He grabbed two apples and took his bucket to the side by side and then walked over to where I was.

He sits down beside me and handed me an apple. "Here ya go Poppy."

"Thanks, I need this apple after that big breakfast." I laugh.

"Now we don't have to sneak away to eat apples. Thanks for what you said back there at the table. Maybe now your Uncle Chad will quit giving me those mean looks." He said.

"I don't think he meant anything by it. He just wanted to make sure you weren't going to hurt me but if they give you any lip just give it back." I said.

"Is that what your mom did?" He asked.

"Hell yes she never gave Uncle Chad a break dad said." I laughed.

"But he now works for her? I'm confused." He asked.

"Yeah, he makes all the designs for the bottles for the face cream, and now most containers for everything else," I said.

"Wow, I had no idea about that. That's pretty cool." He said.

"Did you use the skin cream I gave you?" I ask.

"I did... Don't my face look better?" He laughed leaning over kissing me on the cheek.

I turned my face sideways and kissed his lips. "Yes, your face is as cute as a button and very smooth," I smirked.

"I don't want to be cute as a button. I want to be manly." He laughed.

"Hush you! Let's get back and feed Cotton and the others they are waiting on these apples." I said standing up.

We got on the side by side and he whistled for Romeo and he jumped in at my feet and we headed back to the stable.

Cotton, Apple, and Champ were waiting on those apples. We fed them and brushed them down and went to check on Petal and Daisy.

We fed them and walked out of the stable to where Grandpa Daniel was.

"Hey, Grandpa!" I said walking toward him.

"Hey, there sweetheart! I heard that you got you a new bo and a new place and I wanted to bring you some jam." He said.

"Well I appreciate the jam grandpa and well the rumor mill around here moves fast but you know Luke." I smiled.

"I met him at your party," Grandpa said just as Luke walked up.

"Luke I'm pretty sure you already met but this is my grandpa Daniel," I said.

Luke shook his hand... "Oh yeah, we did meet but it's nice to meet you, Daniel."

"I brought my granddaughter some preserves but I'd be glad to bring you a jar," Grandpa said.

"Thanks! I had some on my pancakes the other morning and it was the best." Luke said flashing him a smile.

I followed grandpa inside the main house and Clara had lunch prepared. She made soft shell taco's and they were delicious.

Uncle Austin and Emerson are building another house on the Ranch and so they eat and run but we took our time.

Which meant more dessert for us. I looked over at Luke... "I bet it's brownies."

He looked at me and licked his lips and laughed.

"What are you two laughing about?" Clara asked.

"We were betting today's dessert was brownies." I smiled.

"You're in luck sweet girl. I made them just for you two." She smiled.

"What am I? Chopped liver?" Roger asked shaking his head.

"Oh, Rog! You know you mean more to me than brownies." She smiled patting him on the shoulder.

I love to watch all of the love that goes around in this house. Between my grandparents and my parents and aunts and uncles and Clara and Roger. I'm hoping I have that with Luke.

Once we finished our brownies we headed out to check to make sure the animals are ok.

Once we checked and they were fine we decided to take the horses up the trail and go to the swimming hole.

I jumped on Cotton and Luke got on Champ and we headed up the trail.