Fifteen🐄

Over the next month, we didn't even bring up the kiss or even kiss again but I know that single kiss has kept me awake in bed most nights

Poppy hasn't acted any different since the kiss but we just haven't acknowledged it.

Romeo and I went into the stable and Poppy was already in there.

"Morning Poppy!"

"Morning Luke and Romeo!" She smiled as Romeo ran over to her for ear rubs.

"Anything happening?" I asked.

"Not that I know of. Everything seems to be in order." She said.

We got all the animals fed and then Worth told us to come in and get some breakfast.

When we walked in we went to the bathroom to wash our hands and when she walked in behind me and shut the door my eyes turned wide.

"Why did you shut the door Poppy?"

"Because I think we need to talk. Obviously not right this moment but later." She whispered and then opened the door and when she did Chad was standing right there.

"Why was this door shut?" He asked arching an eyebrow.

"None of your business Uncle Chad but if you must know we were discussing something." Poppy said.

She walked out of the bathroom and Chad was still standing there with his arms crossed.

"What?" I asked.

"Worth may not see it but I see how you look at Poppy and you better not do anything to hurt her." He said.

"Listen man she's a nice person and we work well together," I said holding up my hands walking away.

When I got back to the table I pinched her elbow and she looked over at me.

"What?"

I leaned over to her ear... "You left me with him and he wanted to give me the talk about I better not hurt you or let Worth see how I look at you."

"I'm sorry I'll talk to Uncle Chad." She said.

Clara brought stacks and stacks of pancakes and a big bowl of bacon and eggs from the chickens we have.

Not to mention the homemade syrup that Roger makes. We also have some of Daniel's preserves on the table and I think I want to try that.

"Grandpa's preserves are the best." Poppy said smiling over at me.

She put the same thing on her pancakes and smiled as she bit into her bacon.

"How are all the babies out there?" Austin asked.

"They are getting so big. But we have a couple more ewe's that's about ready to deliver." I said.

Brennon spoke up... "Yeah and one of the mares is looking big and I noticed one of the sows is as well.