Twenty-Eight🍎

Around 2 am the Ewe had her little lamb

We were so tired and went straight to bed

We were so tired and went straight to bed. By breakfast time we were up and went to eat and then went to do our rounds.

Luke talked to dad and worked it out with him so that he could take me out to dinner for the first time.

I must admit I'm a bit nervous because I haven't been out on a date in years. My passion was always on being a vet.

But I got to say I'm falling hard for him. I want to spend every waking moment with him and well being naked with him can't happen often enough.

"Poppy, did you hear me?"

"Sorry, what did you say Luke?"

"I asked if you were ready to go get apples?" He said.

"Yeah, I'm ready sorry. I was thinking about what I could wear tonight."

"It's nothing really fancy but if you want to wear a dress and your cowboy boots it would be ok." He said.

"Then I'm no longer worrying about what to wear." I smiled.

We grabbed the buckets and headed down to the orchard. Romeo was barking at us because we weren't throwing the ball to him.

I looked over at Romeo and threw an apple toward him and he jumped up and grabbed it and came running back.

We went back to the stable to feed the horses some apples before walking up to the main house.

I told mom we were going on a date tonight and would skip dinner.

"Oh, Poppy I'm so happy for you. You remind me so much of myself when it come to meeting your dad." She said.

"Mom you were a lot more established than me." I laughed.

"That's because you went to school for a very long time but you have a good head on your shoulders and if soon you tell me you are engaged or pregnant I won't be shocked." She laughed.

"Mom! Really?" I laughed.

"Go get ready for your date but we will miss you at dinner Poppy." She said hugging me.

"I'll tell you all about it tomorrow momma. Bye, I love you." I said walking out the front door so I could avoid all the poking and prodding the guys will do in the kitchen.

I went to my house and took a shower and put on my eyelashes and lip gloss and fixed my hair.

I picked out a cute little dress and my cowboy boots. I feel better about the date since Luke told me how to dress.

A knock at my door I took a deep breath and opened it with a smile and Luke was standing there with some flowers.

"Aww Luke," I said leaning in to kiss him.

"These are for you and no I didn't pick them on the Ranch." He laughed.

"Let me put them in some water," I said heading to the kitchen to put them in a vase. It was an array of different colored flowers.

"After you!" He said as we walked out to his truck.

He helped me in his truck and shut the door and then got in and we headed downtown.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"It's this cabin that is a restaurant. Your dad actually told me about it" He said.

"Can't say that I have ever been there then." I smiled over at him.

He reached over and grabbed my hand and linked his fingers with mine and brought my hand to his mouth and kissed my hand.

We pulled up at this cute little cabin and I wasn't sure we were at the right place. "Luke are you sure this is the right place?"

"Yeah, it is. I've already been here once today to make sure." He laughed.

He walked around and opened the truck door for me. "I hope this night is as special as you are to me." He said.

"Oh, Luke it's just special that you are even trying," I said leaning over pulling him in for a kiss before getting out of the truck.

When he opened the door to the restaurant it was lightly dim and rose petals were on the floor leading over to a table.

"Wow! I don't know what to say." I said as Luke brought me over to a table with candles on it.

Luke pulls out my chair for me and I sit down and just look around. This place is amazing and I'm so shocked at all he went through.

Luke sits across from me and leans across the table for my hands. "Before we order and get into the night I just want you to know I care a lot about you Poppy and I want you to be my girlfriend."

"Luke this is amazing and I'm touched at the effort you have gone through for this night and of course I want to be your girlfriend."

"I hope you don't mind but I already took the liberty to order for us both." He said.

"Well, I cant wait to see what you ordered then." I smiled at him.

He squeezed my hands as the waitress walked over with our plates.

"Oh, you picked for me perfectly Luke."

"I had some help from Clara." He laughs.

After we ate the waitress came out with a big plate of Clara's brownies. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Did Clara make these too?"

"She did. And she made more for home. They are in your refrigerator." He said.

"Oh my goodness Luke you pulled out all of the stops and if I hadn't already slept with you I most definitely would of tonight," I said.

"You mean we can't get naked later?" He asked.

"Of course we can get naked later and all night long. I want to do it in every single crevice of my house." I smiled.

"Damn I'm ready to go now." He laughed.

"Oh, I'm most definitely going to make this a night you won't forget Luke Bale," I smirked.