Thirty-Seven🐄

Around 2 am my phone rang

☎️ Hello?

☎️ Hey Luke sorry to bother you but you have a mare up here in labor.

☎️ Thanks Brennon I'll be right there.

"Who was that Luke?"

"Brennon we have a mare in labor. You stay in bed and sleep and I'll go." I said.

"No, I'm going with you." She said.

"You can stay and sleep if you want to," I said.

"No, let me get dressed really fast." She said jumping up and grabbing some clothes.

We left Romeo in the house so he wouldn't bother the mare and we walked up to the stables.

Brennon was standing in the stables waiting. "Hey, guys!"

"Thanks for calling Brennon," I said.

"No problem... I really didn't want to call Worth and wake him up." He said.

"Thanks, man! Go get you some sleep." I said.

"Thanks, Brennon! Goodnight!" Poppy said.

Poppy grabbed the blanket and spread it out while I checked on the mare. She was clearly showing signs that she was ready to give birth.

"Poppy I think she is ready. What do you think this time? A foal or a colt?" I asked.

"Colt this time." She smiled.

We both got behind her as she kicked her legs and it wasn't long until the legs came out.

We stood and watched as the baby fell to the ground. "Looks like we have another foal. What is her name going to be?" I asked.

"Cinnamon! That's what she reminds me of. She's so cute." Poppy smiled.

So we have Sugar the mom and now Cinnamon

So we have Sugar the mom and now Cinnamon. I like it." I smiled and winked at her.

"I'm going to go get a tag and write on it and put it up next to Sugar. That's how dad likes it you know." She smiled.

We sit down on the blanket and watched the mare and foal for the next hour to make sure everything was ok.

Poppy put her arm in mine and laid her head on my shoulder yawning.

When I looked over at her she was asleep. I kissed her head and helped her to lay down while I check on the animals again before going home and getting in bed.

Once finished I pick her up and carry her back down to the house. When I get to the door I can't get my keys.

"Poppy," I whisper.

"What? Why are you carrying me?" She asked.

"Because you were asleep but I can't seem to open the door." I laugh.

She opens the door and we head inside. Romeo is asleep in his bed in the living room but he looks up when we come in and lightly barks.

Poppy goes over and scratches his head before we head to the bedroom to get more sleep.

We snuggle up and fall right to sleep and stay that way until the alarm clock goes off.

I roll over and my beautiful wife is still asleep. "Come on sleepy head we need to get up and feed the animals."

"Luke I need more sleep." She laughs.

"I will make it worth your while in the shower," I said smirking at her.

"Oh, I bet you will." She laughs throwing the covers back.

We get in the shower and as the water pours down I pull her close to me. "I love you, Poppy."

"I love you too Luke." She smiles as she leans in to kiss me.

"Are you up for a quicky?" I ask.

"Most definitely." She said kissing me again.

I picked her up and she braced herself on the shower wall as I slid inside her.

Every time I'm inside she feels better than the last. I lean in for a kiss as I thrust inside her.

She wraps her arms around my neck tight and tries to move with me. My movement is fast and as I thrust quicker.

I watch her face as her eyes close and she moans out. I'm so caught up in the moment when she moans my name I come inside her.

"Shit shit fucken shit!" I said.

"Luke, what's wrong?" She asked.

"I'm sorry Poppy I got lost in the
moment and I came inside you."

"Oh, Luke I told you last night it was fine. If we get pregnant we just do." She said leaning in for a kiss.

"I'm not sure if I see myself as a dad," I said.

"You will make a great one someday." She said as I put her back on her feet.

We finished showering and then got dressed and headed up to the stables.

We were checking all of the little piglets when Worth walked in and said breakfast is ready.

"Dad go look at the new foal. I named her cinnamon." Poppy said.

"Well how about that. She's a cutie and I love the name sweetheart." Worth said.

"Y'all come eat." He said walking out of the stables.

"Let's go eat and then we will go and gather apples if you want to," I said.

"Sounds good to me. I'm hungry." She smiled.

"I'm hungry too but for something other than breakfast." I laughed.

"I gave you that this morning Luke!" She said.

"One time is never enough Poppy." I laughed.

We walked into the house and Clara had gravy and biscuits and all the fixings to go with it. This has become one of my favorite meals.

We eat and talked and Poppy couldn't wait to tell everyone about Cinnamon that was born last night and passed her phone around.

"You guys I think we need to have a new stables built." Worth said.

"Honestly we probably need to sit down and talk about it," I said.

"After breakfast, you come two come up to my office and we will discuss it." Worth said.

I looked over at Poppy and smiled.

She grabbed my hand under the table and squeezed it.

"I'm sorry I had to wake you guys up last night," Brennon said.

"It's fine Brennon that's what you are supposed to do." Poppy said.