Thirty-Six🍎

Waking up the next morning with my husband beside me was crazy! I can't believe we got married yesterday

I rolled over and snuggled in his arms was amazing. This was what I needed but didn't know it back then.

Luke kisses my forehead and squeezes me tight. "Good Morning my beautiful wife."

"Good morning Husband!" I smiled at him.

"It's weird not getting up and going to check on the animals today isn't it?" He asked.

"Yeah it really is but I enjoy laying in bed with you but I'm getting hungry," I said.

"Well, I have that taken care of. Your dad said to text him when we woke up and he would bring food down." Luke said.

"Wow, you and my dad are tight huh?" I laughed.

"I have a great father-in-law." He smirked and then leaned in for a kiss.

"Well you text dad and I'm going to get up and get dressed so we can eat," I said getting up and heading in the bathroom.

When I came out dressed and ready for the day I heard talking in the kitchen and I looked up and saw my dad with a big basket.

"Morning sweetheart! Clara sent all kinds of goodies. If you guys don't come out for lunch or dinner just let me know and I'll bring it to you." He said.

"Thanks, dad! We appreciate it. It's weird not checking on the animals. Are they all ok?" I asked.

"They are all just fine. Hopefully, the piglets will be big enough for the fair and we can get them adopted out." He said.

"I sure hope so. That will be nice. We have a little while left." I said.

Dad hugged me and headed out the door so we could eat. "Oh look at all this stuff Luke."

"Clara really hooks us up doesn't she?" He laughed.

"Forget a honeymoon when we have Clara." I smile and sit down at the table with Luke and begin stuffing my face.

After we ate we ended up in bed again naked playing hide the salami and then showered again.

"How about we go get on Cotton and Champ and go up to the swimming hole?" He asked.

"That sounds perfect Luke! Let's get ready to go." I said rummaging through a drawer looking for a bikini.

I picked out a new red one I got not long ago and put it on before putting a shirt and pair of shorts on over it.

Luke had on a pair of swimming trunks and he looked fine. "Are you ready to go?" I ask him.

"I'm ready to let's go, wife." He smiled.

We headed up to the stables and saw Grandpa Jack. "Hey, grandpa!"

"Well hey, there love birds! You didn't come to check on animals did you?" He asked.

"No, we come to get Cotton and Champ and go riding up to the swimming hole," I said.

"Ah ok. Well, I'll let you your dad know if he wonders where the horses are." He said.

"Thanks, Grandpa." I smiled as I jumped up on Cotton and we took off up the trail.

By the time we made it to the swimming hole, the horses were pretty thirsty.

"It's such a beautiful day to be up here. Ready to go swimming Poppy?"

"I am ready Luke," I said taking off my shirt.

"I never knew red was my favorite color until I saw it on your lips and well seeing it on your body just confirmed it." He laughed.

"Your silly!" I laughed taking off my shorts and walking toward the water.

Luke took his shirt off and walked behind me down to the water.

"It's warm again today. This water is amazing!" I said.

"Not as amazing as you my beautiful wife."

I swim over to where he is and wrap my arms around his neck. "I love you, Luke."

"I love you too Poppy. Thank you for marrying me."

I leaned in and kissed him and he pulled me in his arms tighter and kissed me again.

We stayed in the swimming hole for a long time before getting out and drying off on a blanket we brought.

By the time we made it back down to the stables, it was dinner time and so we brushed the horses off and fed them some apples, and headed in the main house.

"Well, there are the newlyweds." Uncle Emerson said.

"Hey, guys! We have been up at the swimming hole and that water is warm today!" I said.

"Oh, I imagine so." Mom said.

"I tried to take you up there swimming but you said eww gross." Dad laughed.

"Well it's not my thing but if they like it so be it." Mom shrugged.

"Are you two staying for dinner?" Roger asked.

"Yeah, we are hungry." I smiled.

"Bet you worked up an appetite." Uncle Chad laughed.

"And that's why you're still single." Luke laughed.

Everyone around the table laughed and Chad got mad. He dropped his head and put his hat over his eyes.

"What's wrong Uncle Chad? Did Luke hit a sore spot?" I asked.

"Hush happy married person." He laughed.

Clara walked over with a big serving tray of stuffed peppers and all the sides.

"I swear I'm going to be as big as a horse." Luke laughed.

"That's what we all say but it doesn't catch up to you until you stop moving and get a belly." Grandpa Jack said rubbing his belly.

Dinner was so good and I was stuffed. I helped clear off the table before we headed back to the house.

We let Romeo out to use the bathroom and run around for a little bit so we sit on the steps of the porch.

"Dinner was so good. Clara really spoils us." Luke said.

"She has always been that way from what everyone says," I said.

"Can you cook any of that?" He asked.

"No way." I looked over at him and laughed.