Chapter 5: Our Real Home

A few days later (Natsu's POV)

Hey Natsu...

Just remember, it's okay to get discouraged...

Or be selfish every once in a while...

I still remember Mom told me this way back when I was little. But I didn't understand what it meant back then. Even now, I still don't understand it.

I never get discouraged so easily. Never. Or maybe, I just didn't know how to get discouraged.

I had always been a selfless person. Always. Or maybe, I just simply didn't know how to be selfish.

Recently, we got a phone from grandpa. He informed us that the renovation of his house was done and asked us to come back.

How did I forget about this? How silly of me.

But I didn't wanna leave the Sohmas. Yuki, Kyo, and Shigure were all so precious to me. I just didn't want to face the reality. But then again, I couldn't be selfish and ignorant. I couldn't break down easily. I had to be strong, especially for Tohru.

Just remember, Natsu...

Even though you and Tohru are twins, you're still two minutes older than her.

That makes you the older sister.

Tohru's precious Nee-chan, her Aneki...

If anything happens to me, just remember...

Always stay strong, never break down...

For Tohru...

"Grandfather says the renovations are over." I muttered with a sad smile on my face.

Right now, I was sitting in the living room with Yuki, Kyo, and Shigure, informing them about mine and Tohru's sudden departure, while Tohru was upstairs packing our bags and other belongings.

"That was surprisingly fast." Shigure noted.

"Yes, the exterior walls aren't complete yet..." I said. "But he called and told us that it's ready for us to live in now... So..."

I trailed off and everyone remained silent for a while. Yuki and Shigure kept staring at me, completely speechless while Kyo looked away and hung his head low. I cleared my throat and stood up.

"I'll go and prepare the dinner." I smiled.

"That's okay..." Shigure smiled back. "Why don't we all go out to eat tonight?"

"It will be all right." I said, shaking my head. "Besides, I already stocked the ingredients."

I walked out of the living room and closed the door. I slowly made my way upstairs and walked into our soon-to-be-former bedroom.

"I told them, Tohru." I said, leaning against the doorway.

But Tohru didn't respond back as she was in her trance, thinking about something. She stood there beside the bed with a strawberry towel in her hand. As a kid, Tohru was always fond of this towel, so I let her use it. It now reminded me of the strawberries in Yuki's garden. I guess I won't be able to see them. I walked into the room and put a hand on Tohru's shoulder.

"Tohru." I called again.

"H-Huh? N-Natsu-Nee!" Tohru squeaked out as she pulled herself out from the daze.