Chapter 9: A Black & White Sohma

A few weeks later (Natsu's POV)

Winter break was over and the third term had begun. Tohru and I continued to have a fun life at the Sohma house. Right now, I was at the supermarket with Tohru while Yuki and Kyo stood outside and the sad part was that I could hear Kyo yelling at Yuki from the cash register, making me sigh and shake my head at his childish behavior. We walked out and Tohru apologized for us taking so long. I was too busy looking at Kyo who was fuming.

"Bring it on, girly-boy!" Kyo yelled. "Step outside and let's do this!"

"We are already outside, stupid cat." Yuki scowled.

He then looked at me and smiled.

"Thanks for shopping. I'll carry those." He said before taking the bags from me. "Did you find everything you needed?"

"Yeah." I smiled. "I'm sorry. We bought a little too much so they might be heavy."

"I don't mind." Yuki shook his head as we started to walk back home. "You came along stupid cat. So make yourself useful."

"Stop calling me stupid!" Kyo yelled. "Give me those! I'll carry both of them!"

"You'd break the eggs if I let it carry them." Yuki noted.

"You're the one who told me to carry stuff!" Kyo growled.

"Shut up, rude cat."

"Why would I have to go on an errand with you, anyway?!"

"You could have stayed home."

"You should have stayed home!"

"Would you shut up already?"

"Why don't you try making me, girly-"

But Kyo was suddenly cut off when Yuki quickly shoved the chives we had bought into his mouth. With that, Kyo immediately fell to the ground.

"Kyo-kun!" Tohru exclaimed in a worried tone.

"That should quiet him down a little." Yuki sighed before he slightly coughed.

"Are you okay, Yuki?" I asked him.

"Yeah..." Yuki muttered.

"Don't lie to me. Coming down with a cold aren't you?" I asked.

"Probably." He replied.

Time skip (At Shigure's place)

Later that evening, Yuki, Tohru, and I were spending our time together in the living room as we watched the TV while drinking a cup of tea.

"I am done with the bath. Why don't you go next, Yuki-kun?" Shigure said as he stepped out of the bathroom.

"I think I'll pass today." Yuki said quietly.

"Omg! You are not bathing? You dirty boy!" Shigure said in an over-exaggerated tone.

"I would like to hang this guy from the roof." Yuki groaned.

"Yuki is coming down with a cold, Shigure." I stated.

Tohru then began to freak out as I walked over and felt Yuki's forehead with my hand.

"He's a bit feverish." I said to Tohru before turning my attention back to Yuki. "You need rest, Yuki."

"The first day of a cold is the most important, you know. Take some medicine and go to bed early." Shigure stated as he started to look through a drawer to find some medicines.