Chapter 26: The God

Natsu's POV

Two days had passed since Tohru and I met Rin for the first time and the encounter didn't go that well.

Also yesterday, for some reason, Kyo was summoned by Akito to her place. Tohru was very happy and excited that Kyo was finally summoned by Akito, but I wasn't. I knew something bad would happen when it comes to Akito and guess what, it did. I exactly didn't know what happened but when Kyo returned from Akito's, his eyes looked distant, confused, and conflicted. Something did happen between him and Akito but I didn't pester Kyo about it though. I thought it would be best if I asked him after we all got back home from this vacation.

I didn't want to spoil everyone's vacation mood, especially Tohru's. Tohru looked really happy and was having a lot of fun. She was smiling and laughing more than usual which was something I didn't want to ruin. I was trying my best to keep my younger twin away from Akito and her wrath as far as possible.

Today after we had our dinner and watched television for a while, we all went to bed. We even decided of doing fireworks tomorrow night. Everyone was so excited about it. I hoped everything went well and didn't want Akito to ruin any of this. After all, Tohru's happiness meant everything to me.

It was late at night and I was in the bed with Kisa and Tohru sleeping beside me. Kisa was in the middle, in between me and Tohru. I was still awake while Tohru and Kisa were sound asleep. Or I thought they were. I noticed that Tohru was still awake like me and then suddenly, she got out of the bed and walked out of the room. I thought she might have gone to the bathroom or something, so I didn't bother much. But then suddenly, I heard a small cry that came from the outside, so I slowly and quietly got out of the bed as well, trying not to wake up Kisa, and rushed out of the bedroom.

I quickly walked down the stairs without making any sort of noise and reached the front door of the vacation house. I noticed the front door was wide open. I frowned at the sight.

Who the hell left the door open?

Did Tohru go out somewhere this late at night?

It's even raining outside right now...

Then I heard an unpleasantly familiar voice coming from the outside and I froze at my spot in shock.

Akito?

What the fuck is she doing here?

"But I'm not letting you and your sister join us." Akito stated.

What the hell is she talking about?

And to whom is she talking to anyway?

"Is that true happiness?" Tohru spoke up.

Wait?! Tohru?!

Is Tohru the one Akito's talking to?!

But why?!

What does Akito want from my sister?

"To be confined... to return to be Sohma estate? Is something enduring... Is it truly... All the effort everyone's making to move forward... to push forward..." Tohru stated.

"Will you stop saying like it's a bad thing? Strangers like you and your sister have a different way of life than us, that's all. It's not something simple enough that you can decide the right or wrong of with your values." Akito responded.

After a brief pause, Tohru again spoke up.

"Who... are you?" Tohru asked.

I could hear footsteps walking towards Tohru. Wasting no time, I rushed outside the house. I noticed Akito was about to touch Tohru's cheeks with her hands. I quickly made my way towards them and before Akito even could touch Tohru's skin, I grabbed Akito's wrists firmly.