Chapter 13: Yuki's Chaotic Older Brother

A few days later (Natsu's POV)

A few days have passed since we met Akito for the first time. I wanted to talk to Yuki about Akito and his past with her, but I thought to wait for it. Clearly, Yuki hated Akito. Yuki only told me that she was abusive towards him, but didn't go to the details. I respected his privacy and didn't ask anything further.

Now, Yuki was doing fine. He was very scared and frustrated when he met Akito the other day, but now everything was back to normal. I wonder if Shigure had to do anything with Akito arriving at our school. Akito did say that Shigure was with her that day.

Most importantly, what's Shigure's relationship with Akito?

Yuki, Kyo, Haru, and Momiji hated Akito which was loud and clear. Hatori never admitted his hatred towards Akito loudly but he resented her that's for sure. But Shigure never said anything good or bad about Akito. He always remained quiet about the subject.

Besides that, Shigure always covered his pain and loneliness with his fake cheery demeanor. Shigure's sometimes worried me a lot.

People who laugh the most usually are the saddest.

I wish I could openly talk to Shigure about his problems.

Right now, Shigure and I were lounging around in the living room, chatting and laughing about various things that came to our minds. Even though my first impression of Shigure wasn't that good, but with the passage of time, we became really good friends. He was a pervert but a friendly funny pervert.

"Hey, Natsu, what's for lunch?" Kyo asked as he walked into the living room.

"I didn't prepare anything yet." I replied. "Tohru and Yuki went to the garden to pick up some vegetables. Once they return with them, I'll start cooking."

"Okay." Kyo nodded his head.

Shigure stood up and handed Kyo some chives.

"Until then, snack on this." Shigure grinned.

Kyo immediately threw the chives on the floor.

"Are you trying to kill me?!" Kyo yelled.

"Kyo-kun, don't waste food like that!" Shigure exclaimed.

I sighed and shook my head. Suddenly, I heard heavy footsteps coming towards the living room. I looked up to see Yuki holding a snake.

Wait, what?! Why a snake?!

Yuki shoved the snake into Shigure's face.

"You want lunch? Here, skin this and eat it!" Yuki hissed.

Shigure looked closer at the snake. Kyo looked all tensed up. Tohru also joined us within a few seconds later.

"Is that Aya? It is! But what is he doing out here?" Shigure asked.

"Never mind. Just skin this thing and eat it." Yuki said, going back to glowering at the snake.

Shigure then tried to calm Yuki down. I looked at Tohru and asked her what happened. She quietly told me everything that happened in the garden.

So this snake is a member of the zodiac...

Shigure later informed me and my sister that the snake was Ayame Sohma, Yuki's older brother. Shigure, Hatori, and Ayame were the same age and so they were always together from elementary through high school. Together, the three of them were known as 'The Mabudachi Trio'.

Shigure also explained that for being the snake zodiac, Ayame couldn't stand winter or cold weather. The cold took a toll on him and he transformed.