Chapter 48: For Eternity

3rd Person's POV

Akito stood in front of Hatori's house and pressed the doorbell, waiting for someone to open the door. A few seconds later, one of the maids slid the door open.

"Oh, Akito-sama. Good morning." The maid greeted with a smile and bowed.

"Good morning. Where's Hatori?" Akito asked, stepping inside.

"He's in his office with a guest right now." the maid replied.

This made Akito frown a bit as she momentarily looked away.

"Guest?" Akito mumbled to herself before looking back at the maid. "Okay, thank you."

"Would you like some refreshment?" the maid asked.

"Tea would fine." Akito replied and walked towards Hatori's office.

When she reached there, she was a familiar person sitting on the couch with their back facing her.

"Kana... Sohma?" Akito called out in confusion.

Kana immediately let out a squeak in surprise and jumped from her seat.

"A-A-Akito-san!" Kana stuttered out, trembling a bit, and bowed her head. "H-Hello. It's been a while."

"What are you doing here?" Akito asked, raising an eyebrow, not even bothering to greet her back.

"I-I came to visit Hatori." Kana replied in a meek tone.

"Hatori? But how...?" Akito asked, getting even more confused.

"Well, you see..." Kana trailed off and started to explain the situation.

Akito remained quiet and carefully listened to her every word with a straight look on her face. When Kana was done with her explanation, Akito furrowed her eyebrows a bit.

"So, you're saying that you're trying to meddle in Natsu and Hatori's relationship?" Akito asked.

Kana started to tremble in fear. The last time she faced the family head, everything went south. Kana tried to speak up and respond to Akito's question, but nothing came out of her mouth. Akito noticed her behavior and let out a sigh in annoyance.

"Today, Hatori is free from the zodiac curse and it's all thanks to Natsu. So to him, Natsu is very special and he has no intention of leaving her for someone like you. I'll suggest you leave right now this instance and never come back here ever again. And it would be best for both you and Hatori if you don't cross each other's paths again. You'll stay away from Hatori and his personal life and will never try to muscle in again. That's the final order coming from the family head. I hope you understand, Kana Sohma." Akito stated in a calming yet menacing tone.

Kana didn't reply back and vigorously nodded her head in response. Akito stepped aside from the doorway and motioned Kana to get out. Wasting no time, Kana ran out of the room before rushing out of the house.

"Such a pain in the ass..." Akito groaned in annoyance before walking towards Hatori's bedroom to find him.

Natsu's POV

I was still bawling my eyes out, feeling all confused and lost. Tohru on the other hand kept on knocking on my door and calling out my name.

"Natsu-Nee... Please, open the door." She called out.

"Go away, Tohru!" I cried, furiously wiping my tears away.