Chapter 36: Cinderella-ish!

Natsu's POV

It was the day our school's cultural festival had started. I got text messages from both Momiji and Haru that Hiro and Kisa were coming to our festival to see our class play. Even Kazuma was coming as well to see Kyo play the Prince role.

I was at the backstage with all the performers and the scriptwriters while the auditorium was a houseful of audiences. Kisa, Momiji, Hiro, Haru, Kazuma, and Saki's brother Megumi and their mother all were sitting among the audience. I looked at Tohru, Saki, and Arisa and smiled warmly at them.

"Best of luck. I know you girls will rock the stage." I stated, hugging them.

The girls smiled and hugged me back.

"T-Thank you Natsu-Nee. I'll do my best!" Tohru smiled.

"Same here." Saki nodded her head.

"Don't worry Natsu! Just wait and watch. We'll shine like stars on the stage!" Arisa grinned.

I chuckled and looked at Yuki and Kyo.

"Good luck to you guys as well." I stated with a smile.

"Thanks." Kyo nodded his head, slightly smiled back.

"Thank you. And don't worry about us too much. We'll try our best to give our best shot." Yuki smiled back.

Then our play started and I (the narrator) began to say my narration with curtains started to go up.

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful girl named Cinderella. Due to various reasons, Cinderella was constantly tormented by her stepmother and stepsister. Despite that, she had a pure heart and lived with virtue and humility.

"Cinderella! Where did you go, Cinderella? Have you finished the dresses, Cinderella? The castle ball takes place tonight!" Minami (stepmother) stated.

"I'm right here." Saki (Cinderella) responded calmly, who was drinking a cup of tea.

"What're you doing leisurely sipping tea?! You had better have the dresses finished if you're giving me that attitude!" Minami yelled.

"M-Mother..." Tohru (Step-sister) mumbled nervously.

"An amateur like me couldn't make a dress. Go ahead and don ugly dresses. You're sure to get some laughs." Saki responded nonchalantly.

"I don't want laughs! That won't help advance the story!" Minami growled.

"Anyway, Sister, won't you have some tea with me?" Saki asked Tohru.

"Could I?" Tohru smiled brightly, before walking over and sitting beside Saki for a cup of tea.

"Why are you both leisurely sipping tea?! This story will go nowhere unless you take this seriously!!" Minami snarled.

The castle ball was that night. It was rumored that the Prince would search for a bride at the ball, so the Stepmother was eager to have her daughter marry into a rich family to give herself comfortable life.

"You leave me no choice! Come here!" Minami exclaimed, before grabbing Tohru and walking away. "Finish those dresses quickly if you want your precious sister back!"

"Sister!" Saki called out, but Tohru was long gone. "How could this be? Because of some prince's ball, my sister has been... I'll never forgive the Prince."

And though she has never met him, Cinderella falls deeply in love with the Prince.

"Then I must slip into the castle... but I've yet to finish the dresses. What shall I do?" Saki muttered.