Chapter 32: Tears & Loneliness

Natsu's POV

It was already late afternoon and Tohru and I was walking back home from school today. It had been a while since we two sisters last walked back home together. After the formation of the new Student Council, I usually walked back home with Yuki in the late afternoon as we both were in the Student Council, while Tohru walked back with Kyo before us. So it was nice that today I got the chance to walk back home with Tohru again.

When we reached home, we surprisingly found Rin in our living room. When Rin noticed me and Tohru, she looked at us with wide eyes and was shaking in fear. Rin then had a major mental breakdown. She completely broke down in tears and hysteria and screamed for her parents to not get mad at her.

Understanding the situation was getting out of hand, Tohru and I rushed towards Rin and comforted her until she calmed down and went to sleep. Later Shigure and Yuki came back home and saw us, sisters, with Rin in the living room. I then carried her to our bedroom and lay her down on our bed. I immediately called Hatori and informed him everything about Rin and he said he was on his way to our place.

Tohru watched over Rin while she is resting on the bed and on the other hand, I freshened up and went to the kitchen to make dinner. Hatori arrived shortly after and he and Shigure went upstairs to visit Rin who had now woken up from her sleep. I finished preparing food for Rin and Tohru helped me to carry the food upstairs back to our bedroom.

When we nearly reached our room, we heard Rin and Hatori shouting. I quickly rushed over and went inside the room and saw Hatori was holding onto Rin who was trying to jump out of the window. I rushed over to them and helped Hatori to hold back Rin.

"Let go! Leave me alone!!" Rin yelled.

"If you want to be left alone, then start taking care of yourself already! Stop doing things that make us feel worried about you, stupid woman!" I yelled back.

Rin stopped struggling under my and Hatori's grips and slowly sat down on the bed. I let out a heavy sigh and looked back at Tohru and motioned her to come inside with the food. Tohru came inside and set the tray on our study table. Rin again went back to bed, saying she wasn't hungry and then we all left the room, leaving her alone for the time being.

"I wonder why Isuzu-san came to visit? She looked so tormented." Tohru muttered.

"Hmm... Well... Actually, the truth is... Rin and I are dating." Shigure replied casually.

"Huh?! I-Is that true?!" Tohru squeaked out in shock.

"Shigure you idiot." I mumbled and shook my head.

"Consider the situation and who you're talking to before spouting nonsense, Shigure." Hatori stated with a sigh.

It was time for Hatori to go back to the estate and he bade his farewell to Shigure and Tohru. I went with Hatori to walk him out. Hatori and I were slowly walking down the staircases that led up to our house at the hilltop, with our hands interlocked with each other and fingers intertwined.

"I called you here, but is Akito okay with it?" I asked.

"It's excusable." Hatori replied.

"Hey Hatori, do you know why Rin came here today?" I asked.

"She came here to see Shigure." he replied.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Shigure? Why?" I asked, blinking in confusion.

Hatori sighed.

"Don't tell anyone, but Shigure told me that Rin is desperately trying to break our zodiac curse by herself." He responded.