Chapter 18: Her Knight In Shining Armor

A few days later (Natsu's POV)

School had ended for today and right now Tohru and I were making our way to our workplaces together as the café I worked at and the head office of Momiji's father's company were in the same area.

"We got here pretty early today." Tohru noted, looking down at her wristwatch.

"You can come over to my café and kill some time." I smiled.

"I think that's a great idea, Natsu-Nee!" Tohru beamed in joy. "I want to try that red velvet cake again!"

"Sure, I'll treat you one." I chuckled. "Let's go."

But then out of nowhere, a shoe fell in front of us.

"What the?" I raised an eyebrow.

"A shoe fell out of the sky?" Tohru asked.

"Hey, you two!"

We both turned to see a boy sitting on the top of a pillar next to us.

"One of you, pick that up." He stated.

The little boy was cute, but he seemed really obnoxious as well. The young boy had an average build and was quite tall for his age. He had short spiked brown hair that stuck out at all angles, with an additional cowlick sticking out from his head. His bangs resembled that of a leaf, which mostly covered his forehead.

"Come on, pick it up." He repeated.

"You're being very rude, you know." I frowned as Tohru picked up his shoe. "You shouldn't talk to your elders like this. And Tohru, don't pick up his shoe just because he asked you to."

The little boy totally ignored me but smiled at Tohru as she handed him his shoe.

"Here you go." Tohru smiled.

"Moron. I can't believe you picked it up." The boy said to Tohru quite rudely, being all high and mighty. "Don't you have any identity or personal policy? If I said, 'turn around', would you do that? If I said, 'trip', would you do that too? I can't stand people who have no self-independence. Hurry up and give it back! Or are you planning to steal it?"

"Okay, that's it. Listen here, you brat..." I scowled at the boy before pulling Tohru away from him and stood in front of her protectively. "You can't be rude to my sister right in front of me. Plus my sister was being polite, something you lack and should learn yourself."

The boy scowled back at me and jumped off the pillar.

"Seriously, are you incapable of being polite after I came all the way here to meet you two?" he asked. "Who usually bothers coming to meet your loser self? Use your brain and extrapolate!"

"I already suspected you of being a Sohma." I narrowed my eyes at him. "Also a zodiac member."

"A member of the zodiac!" Tohru gasped.

"You're smart." He smirked at me. "But your sister is stupid. Ugh, you don't live up to your reputation at all. This is dumb. I should've stayed home. At least, take me out to eat."

"H-Huh?" Tohru stuttered.

"Don't 'huh' me." the boy frowned as he crossed his arms across his chest. "You need to make this worth my while."

"I don't treat brats like you." I stated. "Besides, we have to get to work. Go home, kid."

"P-Plus, we don't have much money now!" Tohru added.

"What, so you want me to treat you?" the boy raised an eyebrow. "You're mooching off a kid now? You don't see anything wrong with using extortion you get what you want? I can't stand self-centered people. Do you seriously have no money on you? Show me your wallet!"