Chapter 33: Half-Siblings

Natsu's POV

The cultural festival was coming up within the next few weeks. This year, the class play, which was going to be performed by our class 2-D, would be 'Cinderella' and the casts were yet to be selected. Last year, my class 1-C performed 'Beauty and the Beast' and I played the main lead heroine Belle in that play. This year, I was thinking of giving the chance to Tohru and the other girls to play the lead and side characters.

I mean I always had been a performer since I was a little kid and had always played the lead heroine roles in my school plays. But this time, I wanted my sister and my friends to get the chance and take part in the play. So I already informed Yuki, who was also our class representative that this year I wouldn't be taking any part in the play and he said it was totally fine if I didn't feel like taking part in it.

After our free period class was over, Yuki, Kakeru, and I were making our way to the Student Council room. As soon as we reached there, a book was thrown out of the Student Council room through the small window of the door.

"A villain, a villain!! Yun-Yun, there's a villain in our School Defense Force Headquarter!!" Kakeru exclaimed in excitement.

I completely ignored Kakeru's nonsense blabbering and quickly rushed over with Yuki and Kakeru following behind me and slid the door open. We noticed the whole room was a total mess and found Machi standing in the middle of the room. Papers, books, and files were scattered everywhere and the chairs and tables were all flipped over. Machi looked over us with wide eyes in surprise. Her whole body was shaking and her facial expression looked as if she was horrified about something.

Machi looked away from us, probably feeling ashamed that she was caught by us like this. Kakeru took the matter in the hand and assured us that he and Machi would fix the Student Council room. Nao and Kimi also came to the scene and Nao being Nao, started to throw a fit at Machi. I smacked his head and immediately shut him up.

Yuki announced to dissolve today's meeting and we all walked out of the room, leaving Kakeru and Machi alone. Then Yuki and I attended the meeting with the presidents and vice presidents of different clubs in order to make plans for the upcoming school festivals. I noticed that Yuki was in deep thought, throughout the whole meeting. Probably he was thinking about Machi and her relationship with Kakeru.

After the meeting ended, we walked back to the Student Council room and saw that Machi wasn't there anymore and Kakeru was cleaning the whole room by himself. Kakeru informed us that Machi went home as she wasn't feeling very well. Yuki and I started to help Kakeru with the cleaning.

Then suddenly Kakeru spoke up.

"I don't understand..." Kakeru muttered.

Yuki and I both turned to look at him.

"Why does Machi do this? She won't tell me anything. She left when I asked her if it was because of him." he added.

"Are you upset?" Yuki asked.

"Mmm... maybe." Kakeru responded.

"Hey, what's Machi to you?" Yuki asked Kakeru.

"Machi is his half-sister. They both share the same father but different mother." I replied.

"What? Really?" Yuki asked, blinking in surprise.

"Natsu's right. Machi's my sister." Kakeru nodded his head.

Kakeru looked at Yuki.

"Do the Sohmas have successorship feuds?" Kakeru asked.

"No. Well, we might, but I'm not involved in them." Yuki replied.