Chapter 7: Snow & Spring

A few days later (Natsu's POV)

Right now Tohru and I were standing in front of the main Sohma estate. The Sohma estate was quite large, but it didn't surprise me at all because back in my mind I knew that it was going to be a huge place. Tohru and I came here without telling anyone just as Hatori instructed. And because of that, Tohru continued to talk about how guilty she felt for lying to Shigure, Kyo, and Yuki.

"Technically, we're not lying, Tohru." I sighed. "We're visiting a friend and Hatori happens to be that friend."

"But still though..." Tohru mumbled as she looked back at the gate. "What a big place, right, Natsu-Nee?"

"Yeah..." I nodded my head in response.

"Hello, Natsu-chan, Tohru!" a familiar voice called out.

I looked up to see Momiji on the wall. I waved at him and smiled.

"You came right on time!" he greeted as he quickly jumped down from the wall and opened the huge door in front of us. "Welcome to the Sohma estate!"

"T-Thank you!" Tohru stuttered out.

"Thank you for having us today, Momiji." I smiled.

"Hari's house is this way!" Momiji beamed as he grabbed my hand and started to pull me along with him.

I looked around the courtyard seeing what looked to be a tiny little community. It looked quite nice with all the fallen snow.

"It's lovely here, Momiji." I commented.

Also, the place was very quiet. Almost like no one lived there. Besides, this atmosphere was making Tohru even more nervous. I held Tohru's hand and smiled assuredly.

"Don't worry, Tohru." I mumbled. "Everything's gonna be fine."

"I hope so..." Tohru whispered, tightening her grip on my hand.

Soon after, we finally reached Hatori's place.

"Welcome." Hatori greeted us at the front door of his house before he looked at Tohru. "Was the walk here that exhausting?"

"N-No!" Tohru squeaked out. "N-Not at all!"

"She's just nervous, that's all." I smiled, gently patting Tohru's shoulder to calm her down. "Thank you for inviting us, Hatori."

"Well, come in." Hatori stated. "Momiji, bring us something to drink."

"Okay!" Momiji responded.

Hatori then guided us to his office room where Tohru and I sat down on a couch. I looked around the room noticing that it was a very simple furnished tidy room with books and files everywhere. But what caught my interest was a photo frame on his table. It was a picture of a young lady. I wondered who she might be to Hatori. A lover? A sister? A friend? It was kind of surprising to see a woman's photograph on his desk. Hatori usually came off as a very stern person and his words always seemed angry somehow.

"Tohru, are you sick?" Momiji asked as he entered the room with coffee on a tray in his hands. "Should Hari give you a checkup?"

"N-No I'm absolutely fine!" Tohru stated.

"Hatori, did you have to take off work at your clinic for us?" I asked.

"No. I don't treat anyone outside the Sohma clan." Hatori replied as he walked from the porch and came inside before settling into a chair at his desk. "I'm the family doctor. About half of it consists of babysitting Akito. Constantly getting sick is Akito's specialty."

"Plus all the Sohmas are super busy today, so nobody will come for an exam." Momiji smiled.

"Huh?" Tohru asked.