Chapter 44: The Sun & The Moon

A few years ago (Natsu and Tohru's middle school days)

"You should've said something, dammit, Tohru!" Natsu barked while gritting her teeth and stomped on the walkway with her younger twin sister Tohru following her from behind as the Honda sisters were walking back home from school.

"I-I didn't mean to worry you, Natsu-Nee." Tohru replied meekly.

"Huh?!" Natsu exclaimed and turned around to face Tohru with a deep scowl on her pretty face while the younger twin let out a squeak in fear. "Didn't mean to worry me?! What's with these all bullshit now?! Tohru, I'm your older twin sister and it's my job to protect you from those fucking bullies! If you don't tell me anything, how will I ever protect you from them, huh?!"

Hearing her older twin's words, a frown formed on Tohru's cute face.

"I can take care of myself, Natsu-Nee." Tohru replied, pouting a bit.

"Oh, really?" Natsu asked, raising an eyebrow and crossing her arms across her chest.

Tohru immediately went quiet as she knew the truth very well.

Natsu and Tohru were fraternal twin sisters. Not only did they look different, they even had totally different personalities.

Natsu was a very hardworking girl and was sometimes too selfless for her own good when it came to the safety of others, regardless of gender because she couldn't stand 'doing nothing' when somebody was in danger. She was very empathetic towards everyone around her and didn't like it when people discouraged others who were genuinely working hard. She was fierce, bold, determined, and put her whole heart into whatever she did, often making other people try to work hard just by watching her.

Natsu never strayed from her path and let other people get to her. She might look like a tough woman, but she had a kind heart and was a devoted friend. She was also calm, collected, smart, and logical. She inherited superior intelligence from her father Katsuya and could easily read any situation by glancing at it for once. She was strong; physically, mentally, and emotionally who also had a very violent and explosive side and didn't mind beating up people if they ever bullied her beloved younger twin Tohru.

Even though Natsu was extremely demanding, stubborn, and aggressive, she was widely respected by everyone around her for her exceptional academic and athletic skills and her accomplishments as the President of the Student Council. Like her father Katsuya, Natsu was a very perceptive person and her insight into motivations behind other people's actions and behaviors was very keen where she could tell how they were feeling just by simply observing them. Sometimes, she was blunt in her communication, seeing no point in being less than completely honest.

Tohru on the other hand was quite opposite of her older twin. She was depicted as a polite, optimistic, independent, extremely kind, cheerful, and selfless person with a nurturing personality. She never held any grudges toward those who had wronged her. Despite losing her father at a very young age, she always had a smile on her face, remained sweet, hardworking, independent, and positive.

Tohru was also incredibly patient, emotionally intelligent, and insightful when it comes to people's feelings and showed glimpses of wisdom from time to time. She was a very nurturing girl with unconditional love and immense empathy who expected nothing in return. She was very protective of her friends; helping them and standing up for them without a second thought, despite her own fears and insecurities. She also was considered to be very spacey, innocent, and naïve and her overly-trusting nature could make her extremely gullible. Tohru was also incredibly fragile both physically and emotionally and had a deep-rooted fear of being abandoned as she constantly lived in fear of her loved ones disappearing and leaving her alone.