Chapter 14: A Secret

A few weeks later (Natsu's POV)

Right now, we're at school where Tohru and I were discussing our Mom's first death anniversary with Arisa and Saki which was coming up very soon.

"I see, so the prince is coming too?" Arisa asked. "What about Kyon?"

"We're not sure." Tohru replied. "He didn't give an answer."

"I'm sure he'll come as well." I shrugged. "Kyo's just being all tsundere and doesn't want to show his soft nature to anyone. Or else his tough-guy image will shatter."

"Oh, man. Kyoko-san would adore someone like Kyon." Arisa smirked. "I bet she'd have blast tormenting him."

"Then when Kyo Sohma is ready to blow his lid of frustration, she would pull him in a bear hug strong enough to crack his ribs." Saki chimed in.

"Well, that would be terrible in more ways than one if she did that..." I whispered to myself, sweat-dropping.

"So it really has been a year since your mother passed away..." Saki trailed off.

"That said it seems like she could still pop out of nowhere, grinning and saying, 'Whoops sorry about that!'..." Arisa added before looking at me and Tohru with an apologetic smile. "Sorry for being a downer. That's just how great Kyoko-san was. The legend of the crimson butterfly of route 7 will never be forgotten!"

"No, it's okay..." I chuckled, shaking my head. "You're right. Mom was such of character who can't be forgotten so easily."

"Now that I think about it, Natsu is more like Kyoko-san than Tohru is." Arisa noted. "I mean personality-wise..."

"That's right." Tohru giggled. "Natsu-Nee got her looks from Dad and her attitude from Mom; a perfect mixture of both of our parents!"

"Where did you get yours then, Tohru?" Saki asked.

"Tohru's attitude is more like Dad's." I responded. "And she got her looks from our paternal Grandpa. He used to have brown hair when he was younger."

Right at that moment, we saw Momiji running towards us.

"Tohru, Natsu-chan!" he giggled, hiding behind us. "Hide me! Please? I'm playing cops and robbers right now! I'm the robber!"

I ruffled his hair and smiled.

"You better keep running. Those cops are catching up." I said as I saw another student running towards us.

"Momiji, it's no use hiding!" the student called out.

"Tohru, you have work today, right? I'll see you then! You too, Natsu-chan!" Momiji giggled before sprinting away.

"Oh yeah, I wonder which of his parents is German." Arisa muttered, staring at Momiji's retreating figure.

That's true. I rarely heard any of the Sohmas speak about their parents. I had noticed it before as well. I wondered why they didn't.

Later that evening

After my shift at the café was over, I went to Tohru's workplace to pick her up. Apparently, the office where Tohru worked as a cleaner belonged to Momiji's father.

"Hey, guys!" I called out.

Momiji and Tohru looked at me and smiled widely.

"Natsu-chan!"

"Natsu-Nee!"

I smiled back at them.

"Are you done Tohru?" I asked.