Chapter 40: An Unwavering Truth

Natsu's POV

The graduation ceremony is coming up very soon and the now third years would be graduating this year, meaning Yuki, Kyo, Tohru and I would become third years or seniors very soon and this would be our final high school year. And then next year for me: Bye, bye high school and hello college.

Right now, Tohru and I were in the living room, making paper flowers for the graduation ceremony. We started to make them in the afternoon and we already made quite a lot of them.

"Oho!" Shigure smiled, walking up to us. "You're making paper flowers! That's a blast from the past. Are they for school?"

"Yes, they're for the graduation ceremony." Tohru smiled back.

"Our class is in the charge of the flower decorations." I smiled as well.

"Graduation season already, eh?" Shigure asked as he took a seat beside me. "So you four will be seniors, huh? Time sure flies."

"Yeah." I chuckled.

"Can I try opening one up?" Shigure asked, looking at the flowers we already made with curiosity.

"Yeah, sure." I nodded my head. "Which color do you want?"

"Do you've red?" he asked. "Or maybe dark pink?"

"Yeah. We have red." I stated, pulling out a red paper from my bag. "Will this help?"

"Yes, thank you, Natsu-chan." Shigure smiled.

"You're welcome, Shigure." I smiled back.

I handed the paper to Shigure which he gratefully accepted it and then he started to make a flower out of it with such happiness and joy. I smiled softly at him before going back to make my own flowers.

"Shigure-san..." Tohru spoke up.

"Yes?" he responded.

"Is A...?" she trailed off.

"Hmm?" he smiled at her.

I knew Tohru was trying to ask Shigure about Akito, but it was very difficult for her to ask him something like that him.

"Alright!" Tohru squeaked, suddenly standing up from her seat. "I'll go make some tea!"

And with that she ran out of the living room before closing the door shut behind her.

"Yeah, I guess that's a tough topic to ask about..." Shigure trailed off with a smile on his face before looking at me. "Right, Natsu-chan?"

I sighed and put my flower down on the kotatsu table.

"Shigure..." I spoke up as I turned to meet his gaze. "I'm not going to ask you about Akito or anything. To be honest with you, I'm not interested in Akito. I don't care what she does, where she goes, and whatsoever. She can do whatever the hell she wants and I don't give a damn about it in the slightest. The only thing I care for is you guys. You, Yuki, Kyo, Hatori, Ayame, Momiji, Haru, Rin, Ritsu, Hiro, Kisa and Kagura... all the zodiac members... I care about you guys a lot. I love you guys. You're my family, even though we're not related by blood or we don't belong to the same family or clan. I want you guys to break free from the curse. To break free from the bond you guys have with Akito. Yes, I do have a slight interest in Akito and it's only because she's the God of this stupid zodiac curse. You all are connected with her in this so-called bond, which is totally unnatural and unreal. I'm worried for all of you, you know. I'm worried about your well-being. I want you all to break free and live your lives to the fullest. I don't want you guys to be sad, depressed, and lonely anymore. You all have had enough already. It's about time you all separate yourselves from Akito and find peace and happiness. Each and every one of you in the zodiac deserves happiness and that's what I always pray for."