Chapter 49: Forever Yours

3rd Person's POV

"Thank you for dropping by to visit us, Sohma sensei." Mr. Honda smiled and bowed. "It's a pleasure to have you here today."

"The pleasure's mine as well, Honda-san." Hatori stated, bowing as well.

It had been months since Natsu was finally able to recover her lost memories while the remaining cursed Sohmas were being freed from their zodiac spirits by Akito. Natsu and Tohru moved out from Hatori's house and went back to Shigure's place as soon as the older Honda twin recovered back to normal. As the graduation was nearby and Natsu already decided to go to a well-known medical college here in Tokyo, Hatori thought about taking the next big step in their relationship.

So, that's why today he dropped by at the Honda household to visit her grandfather and her relatives.

Natsu and Tohru's aunt walked into the living room and placed the tray of snacks and tea on the table before taking a seat beside her father on the couch while Hatori sat on the other couch in the opposite direction.

"It's the first time meeting you, sensei. I'm Natsu and Tohru's aunt; Katsuya Honda's younger sister." the woman introduced herself with a smile.

"It's nice to meet you, Ma'am." Hatori greeted her, bowing again. "I'm Dr. Hatori Sohma, the Sohma family's personal doctor."

"Sohma sensei is also Shigure-san's cousin. Sensei takes great care of both Natsu and Tohru ever since they started living at Shigure-san's place." Mr. Honda added to his daughter before looking over at Hatori. "And for that, I'll remain forever grateful to you, sensei."

"Please, don't say it like that, Honda-san." Hatori pleaded. "It was my duty and responsibility to take care of them and to look out for them. They are living at my cousin's place, meaning they are under the Sohma family's care. So as a responsible adult, I did what I thought was right. Besides, I feel like I haven't done much for them though. It feels like I still have a lot to do."

This made Mr. Honda smile in response.

"You remind me of my son, sensei. Katsuya was also a very polite and humble man, just like you. No wonder Natsu took a liking to you, sensei. Natsu was her father's daughter after all." Mr. Honda stated, smiling.

"That's what I wanted to talk about today." Hatori stated, gaining their attention. "There is a reason why I came to visit you both."

"What is it, sensei?" the aunt asked.

Hatori let out a small breath in nervousness and clenched his fists as his hands rested on his lap. He sat straight and looked at the two people in front of him with all seriousness.

"I know this is quite late but, I have the honor of dating your granddaughter, Natsu Honda. I don't know how much you're aware of but my family background is special. Because of that, it caused Nastu much trouble. I think that if I were not her partner, perhaps she would not be made to undergo such hardships. Nevertheless, I'm deeply in love with her and want to walk with her hand in hand. I want to stay by her side for the rest of my life. I want to experience happiness, sadness, and every other emotion with her. May I have your permission for that? I beg of you." Hatori stated and bowed in front of the two elders.

"Sensei..." the aunt trailed off in surprise.

Hatori lifted his head up and sat straight again.

"Natsu has a huge influence on my life. She changed me for the better and now I've grown up as a strong man, mentally and emotionally. I feel like I can face any challenge in my life and it's all thanks to Natsu. She brought happiness to my lonely depressive life and I'm grateful to her for eternity. I know I'm not the greatest person in the world and I've lots of flaws within me which I need to correct. Definitely, there are men who're way better than me, are out there for Natsu, but I promise you, from now onward, I'll always stay by her side. I'll shower her with all the happiness and love in the world. I'll never make her cry, or break her heart and her trust. I'll always protect her with all my life and will never leave her alone. I know we'll face many obstacles in the path of our lives, but we'll definitely overcome them together, hand in hand. She's my world, my everything. And these are the promises I intend to keep; to prove to you that I'm the best man for your granddaughter. I already went to visit Katsuya-san and Kyoko-san and asked for their blessings. Now I need your blessing and love so that we can move forward in life together and stay happy as long as we live." Hatori added.