Chapter 38: Different

Natsu's POV

New Year went by like a flash and now we were in our 3rd or senior year of high school.

I was walking down the hallway, when I saw Arisa looking up at the sky through the window, thinking about something. I walked up to her and patted her shoulder.

"Thinking about Kureno?" I asked.

She looked at me and chuckled softly.

"It doesn't matter anymore." She replied.

I sighed and closed my eyes momentarily.

"I wish I could help you. I tried to find Kureno while I was at the Sohma estate this New Year, but he was always with Akito and was never alone. I tried to visit him, but Hatori restricted me from going to Akito's place." I stated.

"Doc seems really protective of you~" she teased.

"Yeah, he is." I chuckled.

"You're lucky, Natsu, for having someone like Doc in your life." She smiled at me.

I smiled back at her.

"Thanks, Ari. And don't worry though. I know that someday Kureno will come back to see you again. I know he wants to see you as well. I can feel it. So give him some time, okay?" I stated.

She smiled softly and nodded.

"Yeah." She muttered.

Then a familiar voice called out from behind us. We turned around to see Saki and Tohru were making their way towards us. Then the four of us walked back together to our classroom.

Later that evening, I went to the Sohma estate to visit Hatori. Akito was bedridden ever since New Year's Eve. So because of that, I could easily sneak into the Sohma estate without any fear and hesitation.

I was in Hatori's office room and was sitting on the couch. Hatori was lying down on that same couch with his head on my lap and eyes closed. I was running my fingers through his smooth silky raven locks and gently massaging his scalp.

"How's Akito doing now?" I asked.

"Still bedridden." He replied calmly.

"So you can't step out of the estate till she's bedridden?" I asked.

"Sort of." he replied.

"What's the main cause of her current situation?" I asked.

"As usual, the emotional state is the cause, but it's more prolonged than usual this time." he sighed.

"Yuki's defiance probably caused great shock." I mumbled.

Hatori opened his purple eyes and met my amber ones.

"Why did you want to visit Kureno during the New Year? Why are you so interested in him?" Hatori asked.

"Jealous?~" I smirked.

He rolled his eyes playfully at me.

"As if." He huffed.

I giggled and pecked his lips.

"It's nothing. I just wanted to pass him a message." I replied.

"What message?" Hatori asked, raising an eyebrow.

"A friend of mine wants to see him again. They met months ago and Tohru even gave him our friend's contact number and email address, but he still hasn't contacted her." I explained.

Hatori remained silent for a few seconds before speaking up.

"Now that I think about it, I felt something off about Kureno. Probably he might..." he trailed off.