Chapter 46: Problem Arises

3rd Person's POV

"Natsu-Nee, what's the last thing you remember that happened to you at this moment?" Tohru asked in a worried tone.

Natsu blinked a few times in confusion as she tried to recall her memories.

"Umm... as far as I remember... Shigure and Yuki took us in and their ginger-haired cousin Kyo started to live with us as well. And I also remember that the Sohmas are suffering from this zodiac curse or shit. Yuki's the rat, Shigure's the dog and Kyo's the cat... And the last thing I remember was Kyo hurting you by breaking the kotatsu table with a single punch. You got hit by the corner of that table in your forehead..." Natsu replied with a small smile on her face.

Tohru's face immediately fell upon hearing her sister's reply.

"N-Natsu-Nee... That incident you're talking about... It happened almost two years ago..." Tohru mumbled out.

A week had passed since Natsu fell from the cliff and hit her head which now caused her amnesia. She could remember almost everything from her past like about her parents, her grandfather, her sister Tohru, her two besties Arisa and Saki, her ex-boyfriend Kakeru and many other things. She even remembered Yuki, Kyo, and Shigure from the Sohma family, but that was about it.

Apparently, Natsu didn't have any memory of meeting the other Sohmas, except for Kyo, Yuki, and Shigure. Heck, she couldn't even recall any of the events that occurred in her life for the past two years. The last event she could remember was meeting the trio who lived with her and Tohru under the same roof and then the trio turning into animals after accidentally making physical contact with Tohru; the same day the Honda sisters learned about the zodiac curse of the Sohma family. And all these happened almost two years ago from now.

At first, others weren't sure what they should do in such a situation, but Tohru was determined to bring her beloved sister back to full health and make her remember things. And she was doing this for Hatori.

When Tohru met Hatori for the first time, he appeared as a quiet, serious, and level-headed man who was cool and composed at all times. At first glance, he was mentioned to be rather cold and intimidating, which was why people could misunderstand him. But when Natsu got involved in his life, he became warmer and softer as the days went by.

Tohru could tell Hatori was wasting away. He was hurt and he didn't know what to do. Even though Hatori tried his best to keep up his usual quiet and serious composure in front of others while behaving that everything was okay, his façade didn't last long whenever he came face to face with Natsu. His heart would just simply melt away like ice and his face would soften like a marshmallow whenever his purple eyes met Natsu's brownish amber ones.

Tohru wasn't stupid. Yes, it was true that she was pretty dense, and sometimes she couldn't catch a lot of things that happened around her, but she wasn't that stupid to realize Hatori's pain. His face looked serious and stoic but his eyes held concern and panic. And Tohru understood why Hatori was feeling like. After all, it was literally in everyone's face; Natsu didn't recognize Hatori. She couldn't remember him and on top of that to make the matter even worse, she was his girlfriend.

And that's why Tohru took a step forward and started to heal Natsu. For the last one week, Tohru would come over to Natsu's room in the Sohma General Hospital and talk to her about various things. She would show Natsu photographs of them with the Sohmas while telling her stories of various events that happened in their lives in the past two years.

And surprisingly, Natsu started to remember a lot of things. Now the older Honda twin could recognize some of the other Sohmas like Ayame, Momiji, Haru, Kagura, and Kisa. She could even recall bits and pieces about Akito, Rin, Hiro, Ritsu, and Kureno. But what she still couldn't recall was her beloved Hatori, the most important person in her life other than Tohru.