𝐯𝐢𝐢. a painting to remember

It's been three weeks since the start of fifth year and all anyone seems to talk about is their upcoming O.W.L.S.

Especially Lily Evans.

She talks about it so much it's practically driving Lyla, Marlene, and Mary into insanity.

"They're important!" She would yell, anytime they would complain.

It was a nice Saturday afternoon, and as per usual Lily was trying to study and complete any missing assignments she had.

Lyla and Marlene watched Lily's state in horror. Her hair was a mess, there were books, quills, and parchment surrounding her. She was also constantly having to switch hands due to them cramping.

"It's only been three bloody weeks and she's already looking like a hot mess." Marlene whispered.

"I know, imagine her during the weeks we'll actually be taking the exams." Lyla said.

"We have to do something Ly."

"Oh hell no. Last time I tried to get her away from that desk she hit me with a book, repeatedly."

"We'll we can't let her go on like this. She'll turn mental."

"Well... even more mental." Marlene said.

They both glanced at their friend and Lyla sighed.

"Ok, fine." She reluctantly said.

"Thank you!" Marlene said with small smile.

"But if I die McKinnon, you're planning my funeral." Lyla said while pointing a finger at Marlene.

"Yes, ma'am." She responded while saluting.

Lyla sighed and faced Lily again.

She slowly took a step towards her and tapped her shoulder.

Lily ignored her and continued writing.

Lyla turned to Marlene, who just gave her a thumbs up.

She flipped her off before turning back to Lily and tapped her again.

Lily glared at her, and if looks could kill, Lyla knew she would be six feet under right now.

"Lils, don't you think, it would be a good idea to take a break?" Lyla asked her hesitantly.

"No." She responded, before turning back to her essay.

"C'mon Lils, you've been here a while."

"I said no."

Marlene muttered shit and got up and went over to where they were and she said,

"Lily, just take a short break."

"Ya, just five minutes and then you can come back and finish."

Lily pondered the option for a while before groaning and saying,

"Just, five minutes."

"Holy shit, did that actually work?" Lyla said while looking at Marlene.

Lily rolled her eyes and said,

"You're on a time frame here."

Marlene snorted and grabbed Lily's hand and dragged her out of the room.

Marlene and Lyla took her out to the Black Lake were they met up with Mary and Alice.

"Hey Alice, do we know who this girl is?" Mary asked while pointing at Lily.

"No I don't think so Mar" Alice responded while smiling.

"Oh shut up both of you." Lily said while sitting down.