𝐥𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. bittersweet goodbyes

She was trying to hurry.

She was trying to respect and honor her promise to him.

She was trying so, so hard.

Even though it was killing her on the inside.

☽☽☽

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." Lyla muttered to herself again.

She was hurriedly shoving her things into the bag that had the enlargement charm on it.

Lyla quickly took one last glance around the place before she ran down the stairs, and opened the door to the manor.

The pouring rain hitting her skin like ice as soon as she stepped out.

Lyla didn't exactly know why, but she halted for a moment.

She turned back and looked at the place that had seemingly been her home, yet ironically anything but.

Every memory, every scent, flashing through her mind all at once.

"C'mon Lyra!" Capella shouted with a giggle as she dragged her younger sister.

Both of the sisters giggling and laughing as they ran through the halls.

Memories of her mom.

"Now, now my sweet little rose."

"You'll get it eventually." Emilia said to her daughter with a kind smile.

She watched as Lyla pouted as she couldn't tie the two flowers together.

"Don't pout, my love."

"But mom, what if I'll never be able to do it." Lyla muttered to her mother.

Emilia simply smiled as she pulled her daughter into her lap.

"You, my rose, can do anything you set your mind too." She whispered as she pressed a kiss to her forehead.

Even the good ones she had with her dad.

"I don't know if we can do this." Capella muttered softly at her father.

Aleksander sighed as he reached down and picked up his two daughters and set them on his lap.

"Now look at me girls." He said and they turned their heads to face him.

Aleksander smiled as he stroked their cheeks.

"You two can do this, you wanna know why?"

"Cause you're Vance's, and I know for a fact that my girls are the toughest girls in the world, and they can power through anything." Aleksander said.

"Remember girls. Your pain only makes you stronger." He said with a sad smile gracing his lips before he kissed the top of their foreheads.

"Now, run along and play."

Her sister, her mom, her dad.

They were all apart of who she was, as much as she didn't like to admit it.

In a weird, bittersweet way it felt like she was leaving it all behind.