𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. father dearest

Tw: child abuse, blood, and mentions of rape

Lyla groaned as she continued to pace in front of her father's office.

He had sent Kelpy to call her into his office and that had been at least 15 minutes ago.

She knew that her father hated waiting, but she was dreading what he would most likely tell her as soon as she stepped into the office.

Lyla groaned again and said,

"Okay, you've got this Lyla. Your a Gryffindor, use some of that bloody courage." She said in a whisper.

Finally, Lyla plucked up some courage and opened the white oak door.

"Kelpy said you wished to see me?" She asked as she entered the office and shut the door.

Lyla internally cringed at the sound of her obedient and soft voice.

I sound like Capella. Lyla thought with a groan.

"Yes, I did." Her father responded, a bit of his irritation slipped through.

"Please Lyra, take a seat." Aleksander said as he extended an arm towards the empty seat in front of him.

Lyla slowly sat down and stared at her father in anticipation.

He sighed as he looked at her.

"So, as you know you are almost sixteen." Her father began.

It took everything in Lyla not to respond with a sarcastic comment, knowing that if she did she would probably be six feet under and in hell punching Hitler in the face.

"Yes, I know."

"And when you turn sixteen it becomes a time in a young woman's life where they are betrothed." Aleksander said.

Fuck! Lyla thought.

She took a deep breath and cleared her throat.

"Yeah, I know."

"Why are you bringing this up?" Lyla inquired, although she knew the exact reason.

Aleksander sighed, and a small smile graced his lips.

"Lyra, you know exactly why I'm bringing this up."

Lyla gulped and looked anywhere but, her father.

"Now, I want this to go as smoothly as possible for you, so right here are a list of potential suitors and I want you to talk to some of them when you go back to school."

"They all come from good and well respected families, and they will help with our families reputation."

"As you know, reporters have been getting on our backs about your mother's death. This potential engagement will help them forget about it." Aleksander said with a final sigh.

Lyla stared at her father in shock and laughed.

"So that's it?"